The Student Room Group

help with job interview

guys I'm literally freaking out, I'm a shy and reserved person and in the group interview they want me to give a presentation to a group of people that also want the job.

please do u have any tips in conquering my fear of public speaking, my voice is always so low

i am scared
Speak loud and clearly, not too quickly. Dress smartly in something you feel comfortable in. Put yourself in the shoes of someone you know who’s confident (a friend or family member) and try and behave how you think they would. If you pretend to be them and act like them it’s easier to know what to do or say. Just think you’ve got nothing to lose, even if you don’t get the job it’s experience, what’s the worst that can happen? It’s a challenge, good luck :smile:
Im exactly the same! Just remember you got this far.Also try as imaging it as you are talking to someone that you know.
I recommend doing power poses, I tend to do these before I go on stage, it may look weird, but I think it helps a lot.

http://www.sarahbedrick.com/5-power-poses-to-do-before-speaking-to-improve-confidence-on-stage/

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending