Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was studying AS biology(ocr), maths(edexcel) and chemistry(ocr), and even though i started studying about 6 weeks before my first exam, i felt i had a lot of papers left to do just 4 days before the exam.

Therefore with my 7 individual type of papers and 5-8 in each, i made a system of answering the questions in my head (but thinking of the answers in detail). This not only tested my knowledge but also highlighted key areas where marks potentially could be lost.

This was mentally taxing for me because it was on average 6 papers per hour, but i found it very effective for "revising", not for learning. I definetly do not suggest this way if you think you need to learn a bulk of information.

i posted this in biology because i felt i did best in those exams, but i heard A2 is very conceptual and this way might not be that good for such exams.

Please comment thank you.

ReputationRep:
    comment: useful for you!..however dont thoroughly understand that concept!

ReputationRep:
    instead of spending the time writing through each paper, it's possible to get through 6 papers in an hour, which cuts down the time, and still qualifies as testing knowledge and highlighting areas that one doesn't know.

ReputationRep:
    Why not use my method;
    -first dont attempt any questions, but have a glimpse of all the questions in the paper to get an idea (this way your subconsious mind works to resolve some of the simpler qns)
    -start from the last question

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im doing that atm, answering questions in my head and comparing with markscheme. Saves so much time, but im only not writing them out because i dont have time- i'd do that otherwise.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 9, 2008

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.