Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Thanks.

Graduate Recruitment Bloomberg L.P. 3 Queen Victoria St, London EC4N 4TQ

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Summer Insight Programme 2019

I am writing to apply for a position on your 2019 Summer Insight Programme for Analytics and Sales. I am currently in the first year of an undergraduate degree in Economics at the University of Manchester.

I am interested in the Summer Insight because I want to learn more about working at Bloomberg and identify potential career prospects in Analytics and Sales at Bloomberg after I graduate. The Analytics and Sales division excites me because I enjoy using my communication and customer service skills to help individuals and organizations access detailed information of the financial markets. By excelling in finance modules at university and taking courses in finance in my free time, I have developed keen analytical skills and understanding of the financial markets. Those skills will aid me in maximizing sales of the Bloomberg terminal and solving complex problems across all asset classes and client types. My fluency in Mandarin and German will help me build strong relationships with Bloomberg’s international clients and deliver comprehensive training sessions to suit their needs.

Bloomberg is somewhere I had always wanted to work at because I value its open culture that gives employers the freedom to make effective contributions: I work best in an environment unhindered by bureaucracy and hierarchal culture. Moreover, I am impressed by Bloomberg’s commitment to sustainability since the Bloomberg Terminal provides environmental and social data that firms can used to identify risks and opportunities. This insight at Bloomberg would not only expose me to how the Bloomberg Terminal works and advance my understanding of financial markets but also enhance my leadership skills and networking ability.

I see myself an innovative team-players with exceptional customer service and collaboration skills. I developed the ability to collaborate by excelling in extra-curricular activities in which team-work is crucial; for example, I worked with ten colleagues to establish a start-up under the Young Enterprise program, a business which generated £1000 of profit. I refined my customer service skills by selling our products to customers at fairs and improved my innovation ability by coming up with solutions to logistical problems we encountered with transporting our goods. From my time as the co-head of the University of Manchester’s Trading and Investment society, I honed my written and verbal communication skills by giving presentations on financial topics such as private equity and writing a weekly commercial awareness update to members of the society.

Many thanks for considering my application to the Summer Insight Program. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxx
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Looks good to me
DuckDodgers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I believe the first sentence of the second paragraph should be a continuation of the first - that paragraph is overlong as is.

Other than that, I think it's good. Your skills are reflected well, as is your motivation. However, it's Bloomberg so they could be fussy as ****.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (5)
55.56%
No I haven't decided yet (3)
33.33%
Yes but I might change my mind (1)
11.11%

Watched Threads