Universities are TERRIBLE! Watch

lucypaulman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Universities vary hugely. I do maths so I'll only comment on that, but look up the different maths courses and tell me they're all pretty much the same. Even within the top 10 universities for maths the courses vary widely in difficulty and breadth. And I would say the tutorials/supervisions at oxbridge makes them generally better than universities that can't offer that level of support.
(Original post by Student34x)
It has nothing to do with a 'better' university.
All universities are pretty much the same in a broad sense.
Oxbridge is no exception. In fact, it's WORSE in many respects.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I already work and have done for years.

I am complaining as a CUSTOMER who was sold a TERRIBLE PRODUCT i.e DEGREE.
If you’ve worked for years without a degree why are you arguing that you were forced to get a degree to get a job? Are you suffering memory loss?

Have you contacted the Competitions and Markets Authority and your local trading standards to complain about being mis sold a product? Or to your course rep, student union, staff student liaison committee or department? Or to your home or university constituency mp?

How do you expect whining on tsr to make a difference?
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nah everyone can be what they want. This thread grates me because you knew what you were getting yourself into, it seems but you're moaning about the result. But you claim you needed a degree to get a job but you don't when there are plenty of routes in life you could of followed. This sounds completely self-caused maybe use your energy to fix it rather than moan on TSR because frankly that does you no good. I understand your frustration with some of your points to be honest, e.g. I hated my degree too but it was a means to an end.

I wouldn't even be surprised if you're doing the same degree as I did I'm ngl.
Good for you. What is your point? That you are satisfied and therefore other people must be satisfied too?
Last edited by Themysticalegg; 3 weeks ago
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Degrees are meaningless. I do stuff on my degree I could do at GCSE. They teach nothing new. No new 'skills', nothing, except the same old 'revision' stuff. It's all a load of rubbish. I love learning new stuff. I read a lot online, books etc. I even run my own online business. But the way they teach at university is TERRIBLE! I've learnt more through YouTube/Wiki than lectures. Degree is a money spinner. Total waste of time tick the box kind of thing.
Not going to a good uni or are you doing an easy degree?
Afterlife?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
It'll be both
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My money is on computer science.
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Really? I'm throwing my money on Business.
(Original post by PQ)
Bill Nye
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No idea where you're coming from there. Do you live IN THE REAL WORLD? Apply for any mediocre job and the first thing requested is a degree, then experience etc.

So you're saying that if someone wants a low paid job, they are not entitled to learn/acquire new knowledge?
*cough* apprenticeship *cough*
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
Yeah, I think that is the only course I've seen people learn from YouTube and short Googles.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Themysticalegg)
Really? I'm throwing my money on Business.
That was my backup guess
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah, I think that is the only course I've seen people learn from YouTube and short Googles.
There was a thread last month where someone recommended using reddit instead of attending lectures:eek2:
quasa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
Drop out or don't go then. After all Bill Gates did just fine without a degree right? I'm sure you're way above his level though
well it does help if you have loaded parents, which allowed people like gates, branson, zuckerberg and spiegel were able to drop out of education and do their own thing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.46%
No I am happy with my course choice (455)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.86%

Watched Threads