A-level help
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m unsure between going Into medicine or computing after A-levels I would say I’m stronger at computer science than any other subject and expect to get at the very least an 8 but possibly a 9 at GCSE
Whereas for science i would say I’m around a 8/7 or 8/8 and a 8 in maths so my choices are bio+chem+maths or computer science+maths+btec level 3 extended diploma ICT. I’m more passionate for computing but medicine interests me tho and I feel if I don’t get AAA in bio chem and maths I won’t get into medicine whereas for computing there are many apprenticeships and degree apprenticeships out there for it and I’m more passionate for it. Any advice?
username4855894
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do biology chemistry and maths and am applying in October for medicine, it is very competitive and you have to be fully committed to do it (I’ve been told). And yes you need AAA to do medicine
(Original post by A-level help)
I’m unsure between going Into medicine or computing after A-levels I would say I’m stronger at computer science than any other subject and expect to get at the very least an 8 but possibly a 9 at GCSE
Whereas for science i would say I’m around a 8/7 or 8/8 and a 8 in maths so my choices are bio+chem+maths or computer science+maths+btec level 3 extended diploma ICT. I’m more passionate for computing but medicine interests me tho and I feel if I don’t get AAA in bio chem and maths I won’t get into medicine whereas for computing there are many apprenticeships and degree apprenticeships out there for it and I’m more passionate for it. Any advice?
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you love Comp Sci the most? If so, perhaps you could aim for that degree? There are always jobs with amazing pay for Comp Sci related degrees and all my friends and acquaintances who have graduated in that field have secured amazing jobs.

You could maybe consider: A level Comp Sci, A level Maths and another A level of your choice.
A-level help
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
BTEC ICT Level 3 Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3 A-levels tho?

(Original post by Quick-use)
Do you love Comp Sci the most? If so, perhaps you could aim for that degree? There are always jobs with amazing pay for Comp Sci related degrees and all my friends and acquaintances who have graduated in that field have secured amazing jobs.

You could maybe consider: A level Comp Sci, A level Maths and another A level of your choice.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by A-level help)
BTEC ICT Level 3 Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3 A-levels tho?
It might be but I'm not sure. You should email or call universities that you're interested in and ask them what you should take. I'm not sure if it'll be worth taking both A level Comp Sci and BTEC ICT simultaneously... I think students either usually do 3 A levels or BTECs, right? It's up to you. I feel that perhaps with the A levels you'll have more options when applying for university (you could apply for something not related to Comp Sci as well) whilst with the BTEC ICT you might just restrict yourself to applying for Comp Sci courses (which might not be wholly bad if you're 100% focused on Comp Sci at universities).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
29.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.01%
No I am happy with my choice (61)
54.95%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads