Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...is wearing something tight for a length of time bad for you?..:confused:
    i have a pair of leggings which are quite tight....if i wear them all day ...say 12 hours...is this going to effect my circulation?..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophietrophy)
    ...is wearing something tight for a length of time bad for you?..:confused:
    i have a pair of leggings which are quite tight....if i wear them all day ...say 12 hours...is this going to effect my circulation?..
    I don't think so

Y'know that "ribbing" mark you get from sock elastic? That will, but leggings create an even pressure all over, so I guess they wouldn't constrict as such...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muppety_Kid)
    I don't think so

Y'know that "ribbing" mark you get from sock elastic? That will, but leggings create an even pressure all over, so I guess they wouldn't constrict as such...
    ...i guess so....i just got these last week...

http://store.americanapparel.co.uk/rnt38.html

...and they are surprisingly tight...they are the right size as the fit is great...i just ordered these...

http://store.americanapparel.co.uk/rsac306.html

..and have read on another site that a couple of people have found them a tight...

ReputationRep:
    £28.00 for a pair of leggings :eek:

But no they shouldn't do anything to the ciculation unless you get marks from them being too tight, like what Muppety_Kid said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x Kelly x)

But no they shouldn't do anything to the ciculation unless you get marks from them being too tight, like what Muppety_Kid said.
    That's quite ironic, usually I'm hopeless at fashion :p:

ReputationRep:

...they leave a mark up the inside for my legs where the seam is....quite a clear mark.....

ReputationRep:
    If they seem too tight then yeah they probs won't help your circulation. Is it a red mark? like i duno whether you've ever had a pair of trousers on for a day and you end up gettin like red marks from where they have dug into you? That won't help circulation becuase they're going red becuase the blood is trying to circulate and its coming to the surface rather than circulating round your body.

Edit: You like "..." don't you :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muppety_Kid)
    That's quite ironic, usually I'm hopeless at fashion :p:
    haha your clearly not when it comes to stuff like this

ReputationRep:
    If they seem too tight then yeah they probs won't help your circulation. Is it a red mark? like i duno whether you've ever had a pair of trousers on for a day and you end up gettin like red marks from where they have dug into you? That won't help circulation becuase they're going red becuase the blood is trying to circulate and its coming to the surface rather than circulating round your body.

Edit: You like "..." don't you :giggle:
    sorry yer.... i must try and stop it bad habit

not so much a red mark really, but a proper line..it hard to tell as they can be quite warm...sometimes my skin feels a bit clammy when i take them off after i have been wearing them a while..i am hoping they give a bit when they have been washed a few times...if they don't they may not be such a good idea for all day wear! :p:

ReputationRep:
    well, in sporting circles tight clothing such as nike pros are encouraged as they do the opposite to constricting circulation. Although, i'm only commenting from a sports perspective

ReputationRep:
    sorry yer.... i must try and stop it bad habit

not so much a red mark really, but a proper line..it hard to tell as they can be quite warm...sometimes my skin feels a bit clammy when i take them off after i have been wearing them a while..i am hoping they give a bit when they have been washed a few times...if they don't they may not be such a good idea for all day wear! :p:
    Don't talk to me about washing, i left a yellow post-it note in my white jumper and it stained the pocket yellow :'( but... won't they shrink back after washing them? Do they feel uncomfortable? Have you tried a size bigger to see if they feel any better?

And from the sports perspective, yeah you're right there, but don't they encourage that because doing sports gets the blood flowing and circulating anyway where as doing nothing, other than general day to day stuff the blood isn't really circulating as much as when doing sports.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, your circulation is only normally affected if the blood flow is restricted too much, in a small space, for example, like Muppety-Kid said, sock elastic can restrict blood flow to your feet but I'm sure your circulation in leggings is OK. Cool leggings guys!

ReputationRep:
    dude wdf's leggings?? (yes i am a bloke)

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure your legs won't drop off

ReputationRep:
    Don't talk to me about washing, i left a yellow post-it note in my white jumper and it stained the pocket yellow :'( but... won't they shrink back after washing them? Do they feel uncomfortable? Have you tried a size bigger to see if they feel any better?

And from the sports perspective, yeah you're right there, but don't they encourage that because doing sports gets the blood flowing and circulating anyway where as doing nothing, other than general day to day stuff the blood isn't really circulating as much as when doing sports.

....noooo....i hate it when clothes pick up other colours in the wash....and its always your favourite things :mad: ...god...i hope they dont shrink back in the washer...they are just (only just) comfortable enough at the moment to put up with which is why i am hoping they go give a bit...i have worn them all day today and to be fair its probably a bit too warm today for them as i have been too hot a couple of times...and i guess that won't have helped on the comfort side....it ashame coz i'm quite liking the look i'm experimenting with...:p: a size bigger wudnt fit well enough i dont think and if they arnt skin tight they just wont look right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kam_007)
    dude wdf's leggings?? (yes i am a bloke)
    Y'kniw what cycling shorts are, right? (all men do :rolleyes:)

They're like those, but longer. Usually down to just below your knees.

ReputationRep:
    ....noooo....i hate it when clothes pick up other colours in the wash....and its always your favourite things :mad: ...god...i hope they dont shrink back in the washer...they are just (only just) comfortable enough at the moment to put up with which is why i am hoping they go give a bit...i have worn them all day today and to be fair its probably a bit too warm today for them as i have been too hot a couple of times...and i guess that won't have helped on the comfort side....it ashame coz i'm quite liking the look i'm experimenting with...:p: a size bigger wudnt fit well enough i dont think and if they arnt skin tight they just wont look right.
    no they won't! lol. Maybe you should hand wash them rather than puttin them in the washer becuase from the look of the material it looks like they'll shrink back down to being tight and DON'T tumble dry them, other wise they wil shrink lol. But i guess, as long as you feel comfortable and they're not leaving and red marks where the blood is trying to circulate and because it can't its at the surface, i should imagine circulation wise they'll be fine. But yeah, wearing them in hot weather probs wasnt the best idea :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    oo spandex-y- goodness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kam_007)
    oo spandex-y- goodness
    haha did you not see the pictures she has on there?

ReputationRep:
    When you go on flights - it's recommended you wear in socks that are up to your knees and tight! Same as when patients go into long operations because the tightness stops the blood pooling in your veins (which would give you DVT). So yup- as long as it's not tight in one part that its making your feet go blue then it might be a good thing!!

A wonder if a medic could confirm that?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.