Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on holiday with some friends after exams.... yaaaay! accept im not looking forward to wearing a bikini , i was just wondering how much weight can you lose in a month and how?? Thanks...!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your weight at the moment. A few pounds is a reasonable estimate I feel. Run, Eat less, Drink some anti-matter, liposuction.

ReputationRep:
    Liposuction LOL, hmmm i was thinking something a little less drastic. Is there like any foods i should cut out (apart from crisps and choc obv!) or foods i should eat to speed up the process?

ReputationRep:
    healthily?
    probably 4-8lbs. more is possible but only in a very unhealthy way or if you're very significantly overweight afaik.
    how? cutting portion sizes, ensuring you have the correct balance of nutrients, moderate exercise and watching calories if that works for you. there are plenty of calculators online which will tell you the amount of calories you need to maintain your current weight, the rough guideline is to take 500 off the activity adjusted amount and aim for that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think eating the right things is enough alone. Excercise is much more effective.

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking for a fast solution stick to protein/meats and vegetables, and keep your daily calorie intake to around 1400kcal a day. This will make you lose 1/2-1kg a week - more if you do 1 hour cardioexercise a day. Make sure you don't get below 1400kcal as this will slow down your metabolism.

ReputationRep:
    cut out refined simple carbs like chocoloate + sugar etc.
    Eat a sensible amount of proteins, complex carbs and fats.
    Find your BMR and subtract 500 for amount of cals you should be eating.(google)
    Do plenty of exercise.

And you could easily lose 8-10lbs in a month.

ReputationRep:
    I went on a diet (Slimming World) and lost about 9lbs in a month. The first week you lose loads (I lost 4lbs) and then it slows down to about 1-2lbs a week.

Morbidly obese people can lose like 2 stone in a month!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    i've seen my weight swing 12 lbs in two weeks before, but that was through fairly extreme circumstances and not healthy, or advisable.

the guy on 'touching the void' lost 3 stone in 4 days.

the opposite i know, but recently someone i know managed to put on 35lbs in one day, due to him being pumped full of fluids in hospital.

ReputationRep:
    Is is effective to exercise in the morning? Because i dont want to go running after school times when all the chavs go to the park lol:P

ReputationRep:
    People who go on hunger strike usually die in about 2 months. I bet after one month they are pretty thin though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benzene)

Morbidly obese people can lose like 2 stone in a month!
    not safe for joe average believe it or not.

OP running in the morning is best for fat loss as far as im aware, especially before eating, as thats when your body has the least glycogen so will burn most fat

ReputationRep:
    i would like to keep them all thanks

ReputationRep:
    I lost a stone in a month once (and i still ate a reasonable amount) you can loose more

ReputationRep:
    how did you do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K0ntraband)
    People who go on hunger strike usually die in about 2 months. I bet after one month they are pretty thin though.
    HAHAHA your not serious? Maybe you're thinking of a water stike or something....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mantha)
    I lost a stone in a month once (and i still ate a reasonable amount) you can loose more

yes you sure can if you want to regain it the second you start eating again. diets like that do not work in the long run. its all just lost water weight etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    not safe for joe average believe it or not.
    The OP wants to fit into a bikini, it's pretty obvious she's not morbidly obese :p: I was pointing out with a drastic example how weight loss depends on your current weight.

ReputationRep:
    how many pounds in a stone ??

ReputationRep:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.