Help with chemistry questions. Watch

Caitxo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
a) If the mass of iron is 98.0g, what is the maximum mass of iron oxide that can be produced from this reaction

2Fe + 1.5 O^2 —> Fe^2 O^3

b) If 22.6cm^3 of 0.5 mol dm^-^3 NaOH solution was required to neutralise 25.0cm^3 of HCl solution, what is the concentration of the HCl solution?

c) If 34.6cm^3 of 1.5mol dm^-^3 NaOH solution was required to neutralise 25.0cm^3 of H^2 SO^4 solution, what is the concentration of the H^2 SO^4 solution?

what’re the formulas to work these out? thanks.
Mr.noname
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
a.) You're given the chemical equation, so work out no. of moles of iron then use mole ratio to find no. of moles of iron(III)oxide. Then calculate the Molar mass and workout the mass.
b.) NaOH + HCl -----> NaCl +H₂O . You can work out no. of moles of sodium hydroxide then proceed to working out the conc. of HCl.
c.) 2NaOH + H₂SO₄ ------> Na₂SO₄+ 2H₂O. Work out no. of moles of sodium hydroxide then proceed to working out the conc. of H₂SO₄.

You may find these formulae useful:
moles=mass/molar mass
moles=concentration x volume
Converting from cm³ to dm³ divide by 1000
Assignment Pro
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
can i help you with it
(Original post by Mr.noname)
a.) You're given the chemical equation, so work out no. of moles of iron then use mole ratio to find no. of moles of iron(III)oxide. Then calculate the Molar mass and workout the mass.
b.) NaOH + HCl -----> NaCl +H₂O . You can work out no. of moles of sodium hydroxide then proceed to working out the conc. of HCl.
c.) 2NaOH + H₂SO₄ ------> Na₂SO₄+ 2H₂O. Work out no. of moles of sodium hydroxide then proceed to working out the conc. of H₂SO₄.

You may find these formulae useful:
moles=mass/molar mass
moles=concentration x volume
Converting from cm³ to dm³ divide by 1000
Mr.noname
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Assignment Pro)
can i help you with it
Help with what ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.8%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (534)
59.4%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.24%

Watched Threads