The Student Room Group

What is your biggest insecurity?

Scroll to see replies

I'm insecure about my legendary status and that people will try to use me to their advantage
Original post by londonmyst
Never think that you have nothing to offer a partner.
Your personality and personal choices define who your are- not your bank balance or whether you have a mortgage.
It will be your personality that people will be drawn to and a partner will love.
There is no burden in that.

Don't let your financial position to decimate your self esteem or crush your hopes.
I'm working three jobs, living on less than £30 a week after rent&bills and have almost £20k of credit card debt.
I live alone in London and understand the cost of living issues along with the financial constraints that come with them.
But a positive attitude and state of mind goes a very long way.

https://youtu.be/jufvma5_5K8?t=3457
I like that, @JoshDarnIt
It does help that this is actually the truth and not an empty brag
Original post by Oxford Mum
I like that, @JoshDarnIt
It does help that this is actually the truth and not an empty brag

Can't tell if compliment...or insult :curious:

Cos that was defo not the truth :lol:
Before it used to be my appearance but then realised I am going to grow old and wrinkly one day anyway so no point stressing about it.

Now, my biggest insecurity is being unemployed. I have been to so many job interviews and have been rejected for all of them, the common reason being ‘not enough experience.’ The problem is how do you get experience if no one is willing to give you that opportunity? It feels like you need experience for experience.
Oh, come on, do I insult anybody?

I've seen the young lasses on TSR flirting with you... (though not me, as I am too old)
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Can't tell if compliment...or insult :curious:

Cos that was defo not the truth :lol:
Sometimes it's no fun being young, but keep applying for those jobs, don't give up hope
Original post by PhylaVell
Before it used to be my appearance but then realised I am going to grow old and wrinkly one day anyway so no point stressing about it.

Now, my biggest insecurity is being unemployed. I have been to so many job interviews and have been rejected for all of them, the common reason being ‘not enough experience.’ The problem is how do you get experience if no one is willing to give you that opportunity? It feels like you need experience for experience.
my pencilcase

anyone can steal from it since it's not locked

ono what if someone stole my number 2 pencil?
@Themysticalegg is fond of number 2's :wink:
Original post by TheTroll73
my pencilcase

anyone can steal from it since it's not locked

ono what if someone stole my number 2 pencil?
Original post by Anonymous
Mine is being alone.

My teeth, they are straight and fine but I need to whiten them but I’m too young to be able to get it done, and I live in a remote area where there is no access to teeth whitener and I can’t order online. It’s a dumb insecurity but it is what it is but has prohibited me from smiling with my teeth and laughing out loud smh.
Never be afraid to smile, it's one of life's great pleasures. The teeth whitening will come all in good time.

I am prevented from smiling whenever I look at the contents of my purse (son is coming home on Saturday, and his bony fingers are always in there, relieving me of my dosh).
Original post by Anonymous
My teeth, they are straight and fine but I need to whiten them but I’m too young to be able to get it done, and I live in a remote area where there is no access to teeth whitener and I can’t order online. It’s a dumb insecurity but it is what it is but has prohibited me from smiling with my teeth and laughing out loud smh.
I am waaaay too old for you, at 56, but I know how to have plenty of lols on TSR!

I even made a very serious person on TSR smile yesterday, so I consider that an achievement! Maybe I should take his post, stuff it and mount it in a frame...
:lol:
I am waaaay too old for you, at 56, but I know how to have plenty of lols on TSR!

I even made a very serious person on TSR smile yesterday, so I consider that an achievement! Maybe I should take his post, stuff it and mount it in a frame...
My wonky nose, hair (wayyy too frizzy), being a loner, and not getting top in the class in a test
Oh, come on, do I insult anybody?

I've seen the young lasses on TSR flirting with you... (though not me, as I am too old)

Yes :K:

Nah you don't. Yeah that happens lol. Regardless, my original comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously like half the stuff I say on here :tongue:
Gender.
You're still a TSR legend though, and I stand by this remark.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Yes :K:

Nah you don't. Yeah that happens lol. Regardless, my original comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously like half the stuff I say on here :tongue:
Reply 37
Imposter syndrome
That's such a sweet thing to say, but could imagine myself getting into a heap of trouble if I went round cradle snatching!!!

I realise at my age I won't be using this site for hook ups. My main purpose is to enjoy everyone's amazing friendship on TSR and most of all, to help students to apply to Oxford. I'm afraid it's a bit of an obsession with me, but a very satisfying one. I've even written a book about it, which I will be starting to blog on TSR tonight. "Excite", as Borat would say

:party:

It's called Oxford Demystified, and tonight I'm going to tell anyone who will listen how I helped my younger son get into Oxford for medicine.

On the other hand, you would do me an enormous favour, if you could grab a megaphone and shout really loudly, so the over 50's guys can hear "OXFORD MUM IS AS CUTE AS *****" :teehee:
You're still a TSR legend though, and I stand by this remark.

Well thank you, I appreciate the compliment :cute:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending