Student finance application course change Watch

fayznazer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’ve just finished my foundation degree and so I was considering choosing to go to another course but I have now changed my mind. I remember when I first applied for student finance on results day I was able to change my course online. However now when I tried to change it it says I have to send a form. I have completed my foundation year and will be starting the new degree in September. Should I wait until July since student finance may be assuming I’m changing my course whilst I’m still studying. I’m very confused as to what to do since I though all I had to do was change the course online since I haven’t even started it yet
Amy SFE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fayznazer)
I’ve just finished my foundation degree and so I was considering choosing to go to another course but I have now changed my mind. I remember when I first applied for student finance on results day I was able to change my course online. However now when I tried to change it it says I have to send a form. I have completed my foundation year and will be starting the new degree in September. Should I wait until July since student finance may be assuming I’m changing my course whilst I’m still studying. I’m very confused as to what to do since I though all I had to do was change the course online since I haven’t even started it yet
Hi there,

If you have complete the foundation year of your course, and are looking to go and study a new course in September, and you have not had a gap in study then you would make an application for 2019/20 as a continuing student. You can make the application for 2019/20 just now. If you are going on to do a new degree this would be subject to previous study rules.

Thanks, Amy
fayznazer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your reply I received a letter of confirmation from student finance confirming my application and what finance I’ll be receiving stating that my application has been approved however when I log on to my account it’s saying that my application is submitted and still waiting for approval. Because of this I’m not able to change the course online
(Original post by Amy SFE)
Hi there,

If you have complete the foundation year of your course, and are looking to go and study a new course in September, and you have not had a gap in study then you would make an application for 2019/20 as a continuing student. You can make the application for 2019/20 just now. If you are going on to do a new degree this would be subject to previous study rules.

Thanks, Amy
Amy SFE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fayznazer)
Thank you for your reply I received a letter of confirmation from student finance confirming my application and what finance I’ll be receiving stating that my application has been approved however when I log on to my account it’s saying that my application is submitted and still waiting for approval. Because of this I’m not able to change the course online
Hi,

If you have received your letter of confirmation and your Notification of Entitlement letter was this for the 2019/20 academic year? If yes and it is not letting you change your course details online then you will be directed to complete the Change of Circumstance form (CO1 Form). If you complete this form with the new details on it and send it into us via post. Once received and processed we will then be able to update your application.

Thanks, Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (67)
9.9%
No I am happy with my course choice (383)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.18%

Watched Threads