AndNow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi

I started a part time PGCE at Bishop Grosseteste University in September 2018 but deferred at the end of January 2019 due to family issues. I am due to start again at the beginning of term 2 in January 2020 as I have already completed term one. There is now a part time course 60 miles closer to home which I have enquired about and have a place to start in September 2010. Two payments have already been made to Bishop Grosseteste University (approx £3K) what is the situation about getting funding for the new course?

Thanks in advance

Andrea
Amy SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by AndNow)
Hi

I started a part time PGCE at Bishop Grosseteste University in September 2018 but deferred at the end of January 2019 due to family issues. I am due to start again at the beginning of term 2 in January 2020 as I have already completed term one. There is now a part time course 60 miles closer to home which I have enquired about and have a place to start in September 2010. Two payments have already been made to Bishop Grosseteste University (approx £3K) what is the situation about getting funding for the new course?

Thanks in advance

Andrea
Hi there,

You can get funding for your new part time PGCE course as long as it is a least one year in length and the intensity is 50% of an equivalent full time course. You need to ensure that this course also leads to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).

Thanks, Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.13%
No (216)
76.87%

Watched Threads