The Student Room Group

PGCE Funding

Hi

I started a part time PGCE at Bishop Grosseteste University in September 2018 but deferred at the end of January 2019 due to family issues. I am due to start again at the beginning of term 2 in January 2020 as I have already completed term one. There is now a part time course 60 miles closer to home which I have enquired about and have a place to start in September 2010. Two payments have already been made to Bishop Grosseteste University (approx £3K) what is the situation about getting funding for the new course?

Thanks in advance

Andrea
Original post by AndNow
Hi

I started a part time PGCE at Bishop Grosseteste University in September 2018 but deferred at the end of January 2019 due to family issues. I am due to start again at the beginning of term 2 in January 2020 as I have already completed term one. There is now a part time course 60 miles closer to home which I have enquired about and have a place to start in September 2010. Two payments have already been made to Bishop Grosseteste University (approx £3K) what is the situation about getting funding for the new course?

Thanks in advance

Andrea

Hi there,

You can get funding for your new part time PGCE course as long as it is a least one year in length and the intensity is 50% of an equivalent full time course. You need to ensure that this course also leads to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending