Why dont I see south asian girls marrying out like others Watch

AbuHanza
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Im from America and there is more south asians here than in America but they don't date and marry out as a whole for their population size. In America you have east asian girls, Hispanic and black girls who marry out. Here also I see chinese and black girls in main london but rarely south asians
AbuHanza
Rep:
?
Im from America and there is more south asians here than in America but they don't date and marry out as a whole for their population size. In America you have east asian girls, Hispanic and black girls who marry out. Here also I see chinese and black girls in main london but rarely south asians

Why?
Pakistani25689
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There could be many reasons

Family
Religion
Society
Honor killings
Acid attacks
Unattractiveness
Money

Generally speaking Pakistanis and Bengalis are Muslims and Muslim girls dont marry out

Indians are Hindus and Sikhs, they are generally more open minded however as a whole are still segregating in nature

Hindus and Sikhs drink alcohol and Muslims do not

British people like pork and alcohol a lot

You will also find more Indians generally Hindus at uni and many other higher education places

You dont find Muslims there a lot

Most interracial and interethnic marriages are from school meetings

No school= no intermarriages at all and also less assimilation

Also cousin marriages is high for Pakistanis too

Generally blacks and orientals are westernized and are british in thought a lot faster than south asians.
Justbeingmyself
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Their families probably frown upon on it so they stay away from it.
AbuHanza
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pakistani25689)

Family
Religion
Society
Honor killings
Acid attacks
Unattractiveness
Money

Generally speaking Pakistanis and Bengalis are Muslims and Muslim girls dont marry out

Indians are Hindus and Sikhs, they are generally more open minded however as a whole are still segregating in nature

You will also find more Indians generally Hindus at uni and many other higher education places

Generally blacks and orientals are westernized and are british in thought a lot faster than south asians.
However East Asian families are strict when it comes to school also but many East Asian girls marry out
Pakistani25689
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AbuHanza)
However East Asian families are strict when it comes to school also but many East Asian girls marry out
Yes but Chinese and East Asian parents are not strict about marriage

Chinese parents welcome their daughters marrying a white man, its actually encouraged

Pakistani parents would honor kill their daughters for even associating with white men

Pakistanis also dont care about education, the female even if she is a drop out, it doesnt concern the parents. She shouldnt be a whore or loose is what pakistani parents strive for so she can get married

East asian parents dont mind if their daughter dresses provactively, she just needs to do good in school and marry into a richer family. East Asian parents get mad if their daughter is failing not if she wants to marry out. Its the opposite for Pakistani people.
Outrageous_Bunch
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Probably just want to marry someone within their culture because there is alot in common (food, music, language, history etc). I only want to marry a white european women for the same reasons.
AbuHanza
Rep:
?
(Original post by Outrageous_Bunch)
Probably just want to marry someone within their culture because there is alot in common (food, music, language, history etc). I only want to marry a white european women for the same reasons.
How does a finnish person speak the same language and eat the same food as a british person.
asif007
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Pakistani25689)

Family
Religion
Society
Honor killings
Acid attacks
Unattractiveness
Money

Indians can be Muslim too.
Plenty of Sikh people go to uni.
Muslims come from other countries too, not just Pakistan and Bangladesh. Have you heard of Arab and Turkish people for example?
Muslim people go to uni just as much as Hindus and Sikhs do. You’ve obviously never been to Birmingham, Manchester or Bradford.
All girls go to school in the UK, regardless of whether they are Muslim or not. Your comments about no school no inter-faith marriage apply in Muslim countries like Pakistan, not the UK.
AbuHanza
Rep:
?
(Original post by asif007)
Indians can be Muslim too.
Plenty of Sikh people go to uni.
Muslims come from other countries too, not just Pakistan and Bangladesh. Have you heard of Arab and Turkish people for example?
Muslim people go to uni just as much as Hindus and Sikhs do. You’ve obviously never been to Birmingham, Manchester or Bradford.
All girls go to school in the UK, regardless of whether they are Muslim or not. Your comments about no school no inter-faith marriage apply in Muslim countries like Pakistan, not the UK.
They go to gender specific schools many times

It still doesnt explain statistics

Attached files
AbuHanza
Rep:
?
Im surprised the arab numbers are so high even higher than hindu Indian numbers.
asif007
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They go to gender specific schools many times

It still doesnt explain statistics

Some do, some don’t. Don’t put everyone in the same bracket according to their religion.
Dunya
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Simply because I'd just rather have someone who I can banter with in my mother tongue. But hey I won't be complaining if Tom Holland walks this way.
harv47896
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Being a 23 yo Sikh South Asian in the UK, I am scared of what my family would do if I even thought about marrying out of caste and religion.
CHANELDIAMONDS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
how many brown girls have i seen with white guys sis ... and last time i checked i lived in the united kingdom.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AbuHanza
Rep:
?
(Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS)
how many brown girls have i seen with white guys sis ... and last time i checked i lived in the united kingdom.
Your personal experiences dont matter

Also how do you know those brown are south asian?

Some south asians particulary Pakistani women look like virtual middle easterners even if they are mentally south asians, they look no different from Iranian girls many times.

Statistically the numbers range from 3% Bengali women to 11% Indian women

Attached files
Last edited by AbuHanza; 3 weeks ago
AbuHanza
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dunya)
Simply because I'd just rather have someone who I can banter with in my mother tongue. But hey I won't be complaining if Tom Holland walks this way.
Ewww whose bantering with you with a face like that

Im not talking about exceptions Im saying on average
Dunya
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
kmt

It's difficult to speak on a general scale - no family is the same. It's probably got something to do with the fact that southern Asian girls tend to move into their husband's homes after the marriage. Unless the couple have their own home, they live in the environment of another family and so I guess it'll be somewhat more comforting if it's similar to your own home and culture.
Ewww whose bantering with you with a face like that

Im not talking about exceptions Im saying on average
KenGosgrove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Family pressure.
Cultural links.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (21)
14.19%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (8)
5.41%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (9)
6.08%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (17)
11.49%
Monster Munch (12)
8.11%
Pringles (43)
29.05%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (9)
6.08%
Walkers Beef and Onion (2)
1.35%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (27)
18.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise