Is this strange? Sexuality. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I identify as a homosexual teenager. Yet I am closeted because I come from a religious family and noone will understand me.

But noone from my family (siblings) or even extended family identify as LGBT? Hence noone understands what I'm going through.
Is this strange because noone in my family identifies as LGBT does that mean I'm not meant to be gay?

Also people who are LGBT do they usually have another family member who is also LGBT or not?

Thanks. I'm just worried. That if I eventually tell a friend or someone (definitely not family) they wont believe me
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There’s no such thing as “meant to be gay”. You either are or aren’t and it sounds like you are. Homosexuality is probably not exclusively genetic and most gay people don’t have immediate family members who are also homosexual.

Moreover, it’s possible there are other members of your family who are secretly gay and refuse to come out the closet because they fear the consequences, the same as what you’re doing.
Last edited by Plantagenet Crown; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you and yes I know but that's the language my family use. When I opened up only to one family member they told me 'you are just acting, you are just trying to be a lesbian'
I dont know how to educate then on this topic and tell them! Whenever I mention anything LGBT related my sister and mom get a big angry because they know that I don't like males. They are not against the LGBT community they feel the more I talk about LGBT the more I'll begin to associate myself with them.
When that's not the case I just want to explain to them that this is me and I cant help it x
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
There’s no such thing as “meant to be gay”. You either are or aren’t and it sounds like you are. Homosexuality is probably not exclusively genetic and most gay people don’t have immediate family members who are also homosexual.

Moreover, it’s possible there are other members of your family who are secretly gay and refuse to come out the closet because they fear the consequences, the same as what you’re doing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.71%
Excited (151)
9.01%
Worried (303)
18.08%
Terrified (375)
22.37%
Meh (155)
9.25%
Confused (37)
2.21%