The Student Room Group

How does clearing work?

Hi, I am going to go through clearing because I received no offers. I already know which course and uni. I’m not really sure how clearing works; can I apply for the course straight away as soon as clearing opens even though I’ve only got my predicted grades and not my actual grades? Or do I have to wait until results day to apply for this course???
Hi Emilylgr

Knowing what to do when it comes to applying for Universities is difficult, there are a few options to consider:

UCAS Extra can be applied to until the first week of July (see the website for more information) - if you have received decisions from all five universities that you have applied to, and weren’t accepted, or if you declined the offers you received, you will be able to use UCAS Extra.

So each application is done one at a time, you apply for one university and wait for a response from them. If this is unsuccessful then you begin another application and so on.
More information on UCAS clearing can be found here: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices

Clearing is when university courses spaces are open for those who aren't fully decided on what to study and where. According to the UCAS website from the 5th July, Clearing is open. Some Universities may not be able to give you an offer in clearing until you have your final results.
However other Universities including ourselves are able to get the ball rolling before results day by going through some of the clearing process before results day.

Around this time look out for our website and other Universities websites on their planning around clearing.

Ruth :zorro:
Original post by emilylgr
Hi, I am going to go through clearing because I received no offers. I already know which course and uni. I’m not really sure how clearing works; can I apply for the course straight away as soon as clearing opens even though I’ve only got my predicted grades and not my actual grades? Or do I have to wait until results day to apply for this course???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending