2019 UCAS Clearing and Adjustment FAQs Watch

Iamlucky
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SomMC1)
Good luck to everyone going through Clearing and Adjustment. We will get through it together. ❤❤

EDIT: I had to, unfortunately, enter Clearing as I did not meet the requirements for my firm & insurance but I got a lovely place in Clearing for a university in London. Very happy and am already looking forward to starting uni!!

Getting into my firm choice was supposed to be just a formality; something very 'easy' but it turned into a rather complicated situation for me. I did not meet it and I then requested to be released by the insurance choice too as I did not want to go to KCL.
I already had an offer from the uni i entered up picking in Clearing. They gave it to me in October but I declined them. I knew they were good but didn't really consider them at the time, as I wanted something more (Warwick and above)... I wasn't grateful for the universities and the chances I had.
But now when I saw all my top choices just literally disappear right in front of me due to several poor test papers it really made me more grateful for what I achieved, the offers I got and the chances I received & will receive.

I am incredibly thankful for the Clearing process I had to go through. Such a tremendously humbling experience, great for character building and building mental toughness!
Hi, I understand you have IB and you got your Uni. Did you change your course? What if more uni comes in clearing after the A level results? Thanks
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Iamlucky)
Hi, I understand you have IB and you got your Uni. Did you change your course? What if more uni comes in clearing after the A level results? Thanks
Hey, I initially requested to be placed on the same course as I applied for but the Undergraduate Officer suggested a slightly different course. The modules selection is pretty close, so I accepted it. I was only emailing with this Undergrad Officer bc they were still busy with finalising their IB decisions so phonecalls were not possible.

I did not want to risk waiting till A-Levels anyway. I know there isnt a better school given my grades and what i want, as far as im concerned. My school is in clearing and have their courses listed.

whether or not more schools will enter even more courses into clearing; they will of course but will they enter the course you want and will they give it to you? thats another question. especially after A-level results everything is a total mess and the clearing spots are quickly taken from what ive seen happen in the past. wait too long for a potentially better course/uni and you might end up having to go to a even 'worse' uni than you could've gone to.
plus, if your grades arent the greatest then you cant be too picky anyway.

but it kinda depends on what sort of grades you will have & what you wanna study at uni
Sophiyaxox
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I want to change the course I want to do but both of my insurance and firm universities don’t do this course what should I do?
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SomMC1)
x
Sorry to hear that you had to enter Clearing but glad that you're happy with the outcome. #BeResultsProud

I'm getting my results tomorrow and hoping I that I get the grades so I can reassess my options as I'm uncertain about my firm and don't want to go to my insurance either.
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Sophiyaxox)
I want to change the course I want to do but both of my insurance and firm universities don’t do this course what should I do?
Do you have your results at the moment? If you are 100% sure you want to change the course, you would be looking at applying through Clearing. You could apply through Adjustment if you meet all of the conditions of your Firm offer and exceed at least one.
Bolal7700
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why is Warwick history requirement BBB for clearing? It was AAA in October
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bolal7700)
Why is Warwick history requirement BBB for clearing? It was AAA in October
Presumably because they are struggling to fill the course with AAA students for whatever reason.
Sweety_512
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I'm just wondering if you can apply through clearing without UCAS
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sweety_512)
Hi I'm just wondering if you can apply through clearing without UCAS
Clearing is a UCAS service so you would need to do this through them.
Sweety_512
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
Clearing is a UCAS service so you would need to do this through them.
Thank you for your reply. I've not done this before. I was studying with the open university however I am now looking to continue my studies through a brick uni. I was advised to give unis a call and apply through clearing. Will I need to make a UCAS application before hand? Also would you know if I could transfer my credits I have gained already with the open university to a brick uni?
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sweety_512)
Thank you for your reply. I've not done this before. I was studying with the open university however I am now looking to continue my studies through a brick uni. I was advised to give unis a call and apply through clearing. Will I need to make a UCAS application before hand? Also would you know if I could transfer my credits I have gained already with the open university to a brick uni?
To use clearing you need to have paid the full application fee. You could start by calling universities and asking about the credit situation, and if you still want to apply through clearing call UCAS?
Sweety_512
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
To use clearing you need to have paid the full application fee. You could start by calling universities and asking about the credit situation, and if you still want to apply through clearing call UCAS?
Ok thank you.
rehman15
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What is the process if I want to go to my insurance instead of my firm?
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by rehman15)
What is the process if I want to go to my insurance instead of my firm?
Phone up your insurance, see if they'll pick you up out of clearing if you meet their offer grades. Take down the person's name and surname and ask for email confirmation if you can - not urgent.

When your results come through, if you're automatically accepted onto your firm then press the button on track that places you into clearing. Then ring up your insurance with your clearing number and they should take you in. You'll be able to add them as a clearing choice after 3pm.

If you don't make the grades your insurance has asked for then you'll be automatically placed into clearing. Ring them up ASAP and see if they'll still take you in. If they will then give them your clearing number and add them after 3pm.

If they won't take you, change your plans.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good Morning and Happy Results Day!

We have spaces available through Clearing for those still wanting a place for September.
Feel free to call our team on 0191 515 3000 to discuss your options. Or you can self-apply via the link below.
https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/clearing/

If you have any questions about the process, please do not hesitate to get in touch
Wester123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I'm Godly and I am studying Aerospace Engineering at Teesside University. To look for places on clearing at Teesside University, please go to https://www.tees.ac.uk/clearing/ or call on 0800 952 0226.
Unique__Username
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, when will my "add clearing choice" button appear? I have an offer to accept before 9am tomorrow, and I released myself into clearing about 20 minutes ago. Thanks.
Last edited by Unique__Username; 1 week ago
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Unique__Username)
Hi, when will my "add clearing choice" button appear? I have an offer to accept before 9am tomorrow, and I released myself into clearing about 20 minutes ago. Thanks.
3pm today
Kerry333
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I added my clearing choice at 3pm on Thursday and it hasn't been confirmed by the uni yet, how long should I wait before calling them to see where they are at with it? I did receive a verbal offer from them but am now kicking myself that I didn't ask for an email confirmation!
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kerry333)
Hi I added my clearing choice at 3pm on Thursday and it hasn't been confirmed by the uni yet, how long should I wait before calling them to see where they are at with it? I did receive a verbal offer from them but am now kicking myself that I didn't ask for an email confirmation!
Don't expect it over the weekend. What deadline did they give you to reply to it? They have to honour a verbal offer.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.35%
Excited (160)
9.19%
Worried (308)
17.69%
Terrified (385)
22.11%
Meh (180)
10.34%
Confused (37)
2.13%