2019 UCAS Clearing and Adjustment FAQs Watch

Kerry333
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Don't expect it over the weekend. What deadline did they give you to reply to it? They have to honour a verbal offer.
They didn't give me a deadline but that might be because I told them I would add the choice straight away
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kerry333)
Hi I added my clearing choice at 3pm on Thursday and it hasn't been confirmed by the uni yet, how long should I wait before calling them to see where they are at with it? I did receive a verbal offer from them but am now kicking myself that I didn't ask for an email confirmation!
Hi Kerry. Like 04MR17 said, this may not be processed over the weekend so the earliest would be Monday. Yeah, it would be much better if you've asked for an email confirmation about receiving a verbal offer but as long you're not that person who just entered a Clearing choice without speaking to the university in question, they have to honour the verbal offer.
Kerry333
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Hi Kerry. Like 04MR17 said, this may not be processed over the weekend so the earliest would be Monday. Yeah, it would be much better if you've asked for an email confirmation about receiving a verbal offer but as long you're not that person who just entered a Clearing choice without speaking to the university in question, they have to honour the verbal offer.
Thank you, I did lose my head a little through the tears and the stress! I'm usually really on it with that sort of thing. Should have given myself five minutes to calm down first!
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you, I did lose my head a little through the tears and the stress! I'm usually really on it with that sort of thing. Should have given myself five minutes to calm down first!
It's okay, these things do happen. What university will you be going to and what course will you be reading? I'm off to University of York in October to read BA Social and Political Sciences.
Kerry333
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's okay, these things do happen. What university will you be going to and what course will you be reading? I'm off to University of York in October to read BA Social and Political Sciences.
University of Manchester for Physics with a Foundation Year. I applied there to start at year 1 originally but my grades didn't cut it in the end (by a large margin!) It's my dream uni though so I'm not giving up on it
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
University of Manchester for Physics with a Foundation Year. I applied there to start at year 1 originally but my grades didn't cut it in the end (by a large margin!) It's my dream uni though so I'm not giving up on it
Nice! I also missed my grades at my firm (it was Uni of Leeds) by a long mile and ended up at my insurance (Uni of Essex; Colchester Campus) but didn't want to go there so decided to trade up via Clearing and ended up in Uni of York. I'm glad that Manchester decided to offer you a Foundation Year instead as it will really help you to build a solid foundation before starting the actual Physics degree at Year 1. Good luck with your academic studies and well done for your hard work at A-Levels even though you didn't quite get the grades. #BeResultsProud
Kerry333
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nice! I also missed my grades at my firm (it was Uni of Leeds) by a long mile and ended up at my insurance (Uni of Essex; Colchester Campus) but didn't want to go there so decided to trade up via Clearing and ended up in Uni of York. I'm glad that Manchester decided to offer you a Foundation Year instead as it will really help you to build a solid foundation before starting the actual Physics degree at Year 1. Good luck with your academic studies and well done for your hard work at A-Levels even though you didn't quite get the grades. #BeResultsProud
Thank you! Congratulations and good luck to you to! York was one of my final five I thought the campus was fab and York itself is gorgeous it was just the Physics department that didn't quite do it for me. I'm sure you'll love it there! Leeds don't seem to be very flexible on grades, a few other places lowered their requirements a fair bit for Clearing but they didn't budge and gave me a very quick no when I asked. Yeah I think foundation is a good choice for me to build my confidence (which has taken a big knock this week!) and be truly ready for the degree
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you! Congratulations and good luck to you to! York was one of my final five I thought the campus was fab and York itself is gorgeous it was just the Physics department that didn't quite do it for me. I'm sure you'll love it there! Leeds don't seem to be very flexible on grades, a few other places lowered their requirements a fair bit for Clearing but they didn't budge and gave me a very quick no when I asked. Yeah I think foundation is a good choice for me to build my confidence (which has taken a big knock this week!) and be truly ready for the degree
Thank you Kerry! York is indeed a gorgeous campus university to study at. Sorry to hear that the Physics department didn't quite do it for you but then again it may not be the right place for all. Leeds didn't seem to be very flexible on grades at all and my course wasn't even on Clearing. I hope you enjoy Manchester and yeah, I agree with you that a Foundation Year would really help to build up your confidence and give you a solid foundation to undergraduate level study.
Queen's University Belfast
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sophiyaxox)
I want to change the course I want to do but both of my insurance and firm universities don’t do this course what should I do?
Hi Sophiyaxox,

We would be happy to help you explore your options if you are entering Clearing.

Which course is it you are interested in?

Feel free to chat with us here or :cyber: click here to view your subject options and :call2:hotline:call: numbers.

Good luck,

Team Queen's
(Stephen)

Name:  QUB_090713_8728-9.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  192.8 KB
Queen's University Belfast
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Btarhon2001)
I have flopped m A-levels and definitely missed my first choice and probably narrowly missed my insurance which is BSC Economics at Manchester (AAB with A in Maths) I am almost certain my grades are A* B B in Spanish Maths and Econ respectively. Given these grades, what are the chances Manchester will still give me an offer for the said course or an alternative offer for a related course? (most other economics courses such as BA Economics and Economics and Finance dont require an A in maths, just AAB in general). I have looked on the UCAS course search and apparently it says that BSC Economics and Economics and Finance both have vacancies. In addition, if I were to apply through clearing, would Universities review my personal statement? Both my academic and sporting extra-curricular activities are exceptional (too bad my grades aren't anymore), however I am not sure how to make the Universities aware of this if I were to phone them.

Any feedback/opinions are much appreciated, Thanks
Hi Btarhon2001,

I hope you are having a good weekend. Have you entered Clearing? If so, we would be happy to help you explore your options.

The good news is that we have a number of Economics courses in Clearing.

Feel free to :cyber:chat with us here or click here to view your subject options and :call2:hotline:call: numbers.

Good luck,

Team Queen's
(Stephen)
idek2700
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
has anyone called sussex? want to see if i can get in through clearing but they arent picking up. on the website it says their call centre cloes at 4 pm today so panicking now bc dont want to wait till monday, just in case the places are full
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by idek2700)
has anyone called sussex? want to see if i can get in through clearing but they arent picking up. on the website it says their call centre cloes at 4 pm today so panicking now bc dont want to wait till monday, just in case the places are full
Which course(s) were you interested in? I doubt all of their places will have gone by Monday as many people with clearing offers will have gone to other institutions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.25%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (72)
56.25%
No (48)
37.5%

Watched Threads