Does a driving test need the theory pass certificate?

Watch this thread
Curiooous
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have a test coming up very soon and I completely forgot about the theory pass certificate until now and cannot find it. I am attempting to get a replacement letter but I feel it is very unlikely it will arrive in time.

Using this https://www.gov.uk/find-theory-test-pass-number
I can see that there is an online record that I have passed with the certificate number but will this be enough proof to do the test?
stimtothesky
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I’m pretty sure you can’t book your practical without your theory number anyway. If you note your theory pass number and take that with you hopefully it’ll be ok. I wasn’t asked for my theory certificate on any of my tests. That said, they wouldn’t have to refund you if your test was cancelled due to this.
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
There's a chance they ask for it and of you don't produce it your test will be cancelled. However I think they rarely bother as you need a pass certificate number to book the test.
dlyon
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by doodle_333)
There's a chance they ask for it and of you don't produce it your test will be cancelled. However I think they rarely bother as you need a pass certificate number to book the test.
Yeah they didn’t ask for it in mine
Curiooous
Rep:
Cheers for the responses. Emailed DVSA support to be sure and they confirmed you don't need it (in case anyone else reading this has the same concern)

"I can confirm that you will not need to take your theory certificate to the test centre; this information was recorded on our system automatically when you passed your theory test."
mok2k11
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I don't know why they give misleading information and say you do need to take it on their website, then.
(Original post by Curiooous)
Cheers for the responses. Emailed DVSA support to be sure and they confirmed you don't need it (in case anyone else reading this has the same concern)

"I can confirm that you will not need to take your theory certificate to the test centre; this information was recorded on our system automatically when you passed your theory test."
Curiooous
Rep:
Yup, it is pretty silly. They need to update it.
(Original post by mok2k11)
I don't know why they give misleading information and say you do need to take it on their website, then.
Bubblylibra
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Had a few exams (unfortunately lol) and they never checked.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (134)
39.64%
They're exactly what I expected (84)
24.85%