Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be in Mill Hall! If I email the accomodation department saying so, do you think they'd pay attention?

ReputationRep:
    You could.
    Alternatively, go to the accomodation website, and at the accomodation preference form, under the "en-suite" -"standard" box, there is another box named "comments". You can right anything inthere. Your allergies, if you have a disability, which hall you want or don't want to be in, if you prefere mixed halls or a flat with people of the same sex etc.
    I don't know how much they pay attention to these comments though...

ReputationRep:
    I used that comment box at the bottom of the online preference form, I want one of the new halls in the Isambard complex. I'm not 100% sure if they pay attention but it's definitely worth a try.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... it seems like we all go for the same hall.

ReputationRep:
    I recommend St. Margaret's, Lacy, Kilmorey and Bishop. The rooms are so luxurious compared to those in Mill Hall. I visited St. Mags and Lacy many times during the year but you only get a true impression when you live there, such as in the shower and things.

For a start, here are some comparisons between St. Mags and Mill Hall:

1. 4 electrical sockets in St. Mags, only 2 in Mill
    2. Larger radiator in St. Mags
    3. Shower curtain in St. Mags, shower door in Mill
    4. Tiled bathroom floor in St. Mags, awful shower floor (often untiled) in Mill

I wanted to live in Mill Hall last year, and I have some great experiences, in many ways I miss living there. But I don't recommend it to anyone. It is too old and tacky, and you deserve better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    3. Shower curtain in St. Mags, shower door in Mill.
    A glass shower door is better than a shower curtain isn't it? Unless that's not what you mean...

ReputationRep:
    What he probably means is that you can have your bathroom's floor washed while you are taking a shower in Lacy while you have to put extra time and effort in Mill! :P

(and yeah, I am such a mess when it comes to taking a shower so curtains don't work for me )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galladriel)
    A glass shower door is better than a shower curtain isn't it? Unless that's not what you mean...
    What SebKom said. Plus, the shower doors in Mill get scummy after a while. Like limescale and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have a door. I'm messy too when taking a shower.
    I hope I'll get a room in Isambard Halls and hopefully there will be a shower cubicle!!

Besides, deep cleaning the bathroom is something I do at least 3 times a week.
    (I'm a little better than Monica in "Friends" in that matter )

Limescale and stuff don't stand a chance :jitsu:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.