Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yet, it is always possible to take stupidity to a new level. Here's a collection of articles that shows just has stupid the human race really is xD

http://www2.yougamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23914

Excerpts From Letters Sent To Landlords:
    The toilet is blocked and we cannot bathe the children until it is clear.
    I want some repairs done to my stove as it has backfired and burnt my knob off.
    This is to let you know that there is a smell coming from the man next door.
    The toilet seat is cracked: where do I stand? I am writing on behalf of my sink, which is running away from the wall.
    I request your permission to remove my drawers in the kitchen.
    Our lavatory seat is broken in half and is now in three pieces.
    The person next door has a large erection in his back garden, which is unsightly and dangerous.
    Will you please send someone to mend our cracked sidewalk. Yesterday my wife tripped on it and is now pregnant.
    Our kitchen floor is very damp, we have two children and would like a third, so will you please send someone to do something about it.
    Will you please send a man to look at my water, it is a funny color and not fit to drink.
    Would you please send a man to repair my downspout. I am an old age pensioner and need it straight away.
    Could you please send someone to fix our bath tap. My wife got her toe stuck in it and it is very uncomfortable for us.
    When the workmen were here they put their tools in my wife's new drawers and made a mess. Please send men with clean tools to finish the job and keep my wife happy.

Here are some actual (alleged) logged maintenance complaints and problems as submitted by Qantas pilots, and the solution recorded by maintenance engineers. By the way, Qantas is the only major airline that has never had an accident:

(P = The problem logged by the pilot.) (S = The solution or action taken by the engineers.)

P: Left inside main tyre almost needs replacement. S: Almost replaced left inside main tyre.
    P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough. S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.
    P: Something loose in cockpit. S: Something tightened in cockpit.
    P: Dead bugs on windshield. S: Live bugs on back-order.
    P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent. S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.
    P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear. S: Evidence removed.
    P: DME volume unbelievably loud. S: DME volume set to more believable level.
    P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick. S: That's what they're there for.
    P: IFF inoperative. S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.
    P: Suspected crack in windshield. S: Suspect you're right.
    P: Number 3 engine missing. S: Engine found on right wing after brief search. P: Aircraft handles funny. S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.
    P: Target radar hums. S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.
    P: Mouse in cockpit. S: Cat installed.
    P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer. S: Took hammer away from midget.

Here's a few about people who know nothing about computers:

A woman called the Canon help desk with a problem with her printer. The tech asked her if she was "running it under Windows." The woman then responded, "No, my desk is next to the door. But that is a good point. The man sitting in the cubicle next to me is under a window, and his is working fine."
    Tech Support: "How much free space do you have on your hard drive?" Customer: "Well, my wife likes to get up there on that Internet, and she downloaded ten hours of free space. Is that enough?"
    From a computer shop: Customer: "I'd like a mouse mat, please." Salesperson: "Certainly sir, we've got a large variety." Customer: "But will they be compatible with my computer?"
    Customer: "Can you copy the Internet for me on this diskette?"
    Tech Support: "Ok Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at thesame time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen.Now type the letter 'P' to bring up the Program Manager." Customer: "I don't have a 'P'." Tech Support: "On your keyboard, Bob." Customer: "What do you mean?" Tech Support: "'P' on your keyboard, Bob." Customer: "I'm not going to do that!"
    Customer: "My computer crashed!" Tech Support: "It crashed?" Customer: "Yeah, it won't let me play my game." Tech Support: "All right, hit Control-Alt-Delete to reboot." Customer: "No, it didn't crash-it crashed." Tech Support: "Huh?" Customer: "I crashed my game. That's what I said before. Now it doesn't work." Turned out, the user was playing Lunar Lander and crashed his spaceship. Tech Support: "Click on 'File, ' then 'New Game.'" Customer: [pause] "Wow! How'd you learn how to do that?"

In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed to stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods:

On a Sears hairdryer -- Do not use while sleeping. (Shoot, and that's the only time I have to work on my hair.)
    On a bag of Fritos -- You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (the shoplifter special)?
    On a bar of Dial soap -- "Directions: Use like regular soap," (and that would be how???....)
    On some Swanson frozen dinners -- "Serving suggestion: Defrost." (but, it's "just" a suggestion).
    On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom) -- "Do not turn upside down." (well...duh, a bit late, huh)!
    On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding -- "Product will be hot after heating." (...and you thought????...)
    On packaging for a Rowena iron -- "Do not iron clothes on body." (but wouldn't this save me more time)?
    On Boot's Children Cough Medicine -- "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication." (We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)
    On Nytol Sleep Aid -- "Warning: May cause drowsiness." (and...I'm taking this because???....)
    On most brands of Christmas lights -- "For indoor or outdoor use only." (as opposed to...what)?
    On a Japanese food processor -- "Not to be used for the other use." (now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious)
    On Sainsbury's peanuts -- "Warning: contains nuts." (talk about a news flash)
    On an American Airlines packet of nuts -- "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts." (Step 3: maybe, ooh...fly Delta?)
    On a child's Superman costume -- "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly." (I don't blame the company. I blame the parents for this one.)
    On a Swedish chainsaw -- "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals." (Oh my ..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

Finally, the following is an actual question given on a University of Washington engineering mid-term. The answer was so "profound" that the Professor shared it with colleagues, and the sharing obviously hasn't ceased...

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or Endothermic (absorbs heat)? Most of the students wrote Proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law, (gas cools off when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

"First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let us look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities: 1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose. 2. Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over. So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa Banyan during my Freshman year, "...that it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you.", and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then, #2 cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze."

This student received the only A. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. That's all I have to say.

ReputationRep:
    you dont believe all of them are real do you? coz that would be awfully stupid of you.

Thanks for the post. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    The first one was funny :rofl: the rest...heh.

ReputationRep:
    totally agree, we are crazy in wierd ways

ReputationRep:
    thats a seriously long post...

ReputationRep:
    I hope the first one's real.

The others were too long. >_>

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.