Can I go to a sixth form for one subject and a college for another at the same time

Watch
Ebs123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I would like to know if it is possible to study at a sixth form and a college at the same time.
I currently do health and social care in yr 12 and was studying sociology but I took the AS and I am planning on dropping it. However I need to pick up another subject. Other sixth forms have advised me to do a btec perfoming course at a college however I do not want to leave my sixth form as i want to do health and social care and don't want a year to be wasted. Is it possible or has it ever been done
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ebs123)
I would like to know if it is possible to study at a sixth form and a college at the same time.
I currently do health and social care in yr 12 and was studying sociology but I took the AS and I am planning on dropping it. However I need to pick up another subject. Other sixth forms have advised me to do a btec perfoming course at a college however I do not want to leave my sixth form as i want to do health and social care and don't want a year to be wasted. Is it possible or has it ever been done
Hi. I don't understand exactly what you're trying to say. From my understanding, you're currently doing BTEC Health and Social Care but your school wants you to pick up another subject. So if you have to do another subject, what do you want to do and why are you considering another college? Please explain.
spectral_theory
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some sixth forms work together which enable them to offer a greater array of subjects, since pooling their resources offers greater opportunities for their students. You might be interested in a sixth form like LaSwap, for example.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by spectral_theory)
Some sixth forms work together which enable them to offer a greater array of subjects, since pooling their resources offers greater opportunities for their students. You might be interested in a sixth form like LaSwap, for example.
True and I'm aware of that. It's just that the OP didn't make that clear, hence my confusion.
AnonStudentABC
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
From what I understand, you're saying that you want to study one thing at one college, and another thing at another college. Unfortunately that's very unlikely for timetabling reasons - the two colleges are extremely unlikely to build the timetables of 2 entire classes and the teachers (keep in mind some teachers are part time) just to fit around you
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ebs123)
Unlikely as you need to be on roll somewhere and that place gets your funding. Sometimes there is a reciprocal arrangement between two places but this is unusual.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (153)
14.56%
I'm not sure (46)
4.38%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.69%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (513)
48.81%

Watched Threads