SQA Results Day 2019- Discussion and Help Watch

Poll: Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?
Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (111)
38.95%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (73)
25.61%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (101)
35.44%
_nim1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks!
Kubsyy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have a question: will the mail arrive at 9:00 am? I know that its sent first class and the text is at 8:00 am.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
April_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 123543)
People that sat Higher Maths this year - what do you think about where the grade boundaries will be placed?
It was such a bad paper but I don’t think they’re bothering with lowering any grade bands. I feel bad for anyone having to resit or not meeting requirements for uni.
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kubsyy)
I have a question: will the mail arrive at 9:00 am? I know that its sent first class and the text is at 8:00 am.
The post will arrive whenever your postie usually gets there (or maybe slightly later than usual, since they will have lots of extra post)
Kubsyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
The post will arrive whenever your postie usually gets there (or maybe slightly later than usual, since they will have lots of extra post)
Ah ok I get it. Thanks
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by April_)
It was such a bad paper but I don’t think they’re bothering with lowering any grade bands.
When it comes to grade boundaries, it's not decided based on whether they can be 'bothered', as they use statistics to ensure the grade boundaries are set appropriately to make sure exams are fair/comparable year on year
thepunmaster.e
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m feeling so weird, I’ve been so stressed for literally the last 3 weeks but now I feel fairly calm but I have this constant feeling of foreboding I just want to know now, I’m even second guessing subjects I thought I did well in
Strelzo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've not signed up for the text as I believe it ruins it. All of that hard work just to have your fate decided by a measly text.

I'm waiting for the post, and the timing is somewhat good for me, actually. It's supposed to come out some time past 8am, but my postie usually delivers mail at around 11am - 1pm. Like I said, it's actually quite good, because my family and I are going over to my gran and grampas where I will let them open it as I think they would appreciate it. Coming in later also makes me less tempted to open it, had it came at 9am.
Kubsyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Strelzo)
I've not signed up for the text as I believe it ruins it. All of that hard work just to have your fate decided by a measly text.

I'm waiting for the post, and the timing is somewhat good for me, actually. It's supposed to come out some time past 8am, but my postie usually delivers mail at around 11am - 1pm. Like I said, it's actually quite good, because my family and I are going over to my gran and grampas where I will let them open it as I think they would appreciate it. Coming in later also makes me less tempted to open it, had it came at 9am.
Yeah, I kind of regret that I signed up for text and email (lmao) but I will defo turn off my phone so that I don’t see the text straight away 😁.
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah, I kind of regret that I signed up for text and email (lmao) but I will defo turn off my phone so that I don’t see the text straight away 😁.
Yeh, hold your phone hostage until your postie arrives .
Bassboy887
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fucthesqa)
I did higher geography and higher English and they are the two subjects I’m most scared to find out what I got. I feel like I could’ve got a B in both but then also could get an A, it could go either way tbh. The geography exam was good however my assignment was shocking, I think the grade boundaries will be average like 70% for an A. The sqa blessed my class with the questions in English for the essay and the TA and since my portfolio was fairly good I think I might’ve just gotten an A. Grade boundaries are usually lower for English maybe 68% for an A. How about you? Good luck to you as well!
Yea hoping for an A in geography. Got an A in the prelim but not all of the course was in it since we hadn’t covered it all. English I would like a B but would love an A but definitely not getting an A lol. I think I’ll probably get a C in it as I do terrible in close reading and rarely PASS the close reading alone. Thought poetry was good tho and essay was ok as well but mine was not as strong as others. Yea they seem fair boundaries
verstopper
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is it normal to feel indifferent about exam results? I’m not nervous at all
Bassboy887
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Monday 5th August.....
Everyone sitting on student room messaging about 6th August. Lol
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by verstopper)
Is it normal to feel indifferent about exam results? I’m not nervous at all
I'm not nervous about results either, I can't wait to have them if anything.
Fhhdndjdj
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I feel like you have waited so long so the sooner the better!
StudentForSQA
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Good luck to everyone receiving their exam results tomorrow!! Also I think the exam results for next year will come at 4th August which is 364 days away (A day UNDER a year left) feel like it will come quickly.
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by StudentForSQA)
Good luck to everyone receiving their exam results tomorrow!! Also I think the exam results for next year will come at 4th August which is 364 days away (A day UNDER a year left) feel like it will come quickly.
😲😵

My first exam next year is the 30th April, and my last is the 2nd June -_-
verstopper
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Strelzo)
😲😵

My first exam next year is the 30th April, and my last is the 2nd June -_-
How do you know? Is the timetable out already?
verstopper
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How do you know? Is the timetable out already?
Never mind, I’ve found it:

https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc...etable2020.pdf
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Never mind, I’ve found it:

https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc...etable2020.pdf
:thumbsup:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%