The Student Room Group

Not meeting the requirements for the uni/course. What can i do? (Aston UNI)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, so my apologies in advance.

I have been wanted to study at Aston university for awhile now, but i didn't realize that they don't accept UCAS Points.
The course i wanted to do was Business Computing and IT BSc but unfortunately i don't meet the requirement.

I thought i could do foundation year maybe? But, it turned out i don't have the qualification for foundation either either. They need "Subsidiary Diploma plus 2 A Levels" or "Diploma plus one A Level grade"

Here the thing,
I only have Subsidiary diploma + national foundation diploma which is equivalent to 2 and a half A levels. They need 3 A levels for foundation from what i heard. Overall, i have 120 ucas points which is enough for me to get into other uni.

But i have been meaning to study at Aston for awhile now. Do you reckon they might accept my application even if im missing half A level? has there been any cases where they accept people who didn't meet every requirments?

Any help would be great.
Thank you for reading my post
Original post by raidens1998
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, so my apologies in advance.

I have been wanted to study at Aston university for awhile now, but i didn't realize that they don't accept UCAS Points.
The course i wanted to do was Business Computing and IT BSc but unfortunately i don't meet the requirement.

I thought i could do foundation year maybe? But, it turned out i don't have the qualification for foundation either either. They need "Subsidiary Diploma plus 2 A Levels" or "Diploma plus one A Level grade"

Here the thing,
I only have Subsidiary diploma + national foundation diploma which is equivalent to 2 and a half A levels. They need 3 A levels for foundation from what i heard. Overall, i have 120 ucas points which is enough for me to get into other uni.

But i have been meaning to study at Aston for awhile now. Do you reckon they might accept my application even if im missing half A level? has there been any cases where they accept people who didn't meet every requirments?

Any help would be great.
Thank you for reading my post

Send them an email with a list of all your qualifications and then follow up with a phone call to see if they might consider you, or what your best option would be. They won’t mind, it’s what they’re there for :smile:
Not really an answer for the question, however in my case, I done a BTEC and got a conditional offer of DDD but I think that I'll get DDM. I have firmed the university and I'm wondering, will I have to do a foundation year or not?
Original post by Asteo1952
Not really an answer for the question, however in my case, I done a BTEC and got a conditional offer of DDD but I think that I'll get DDM. I have firmed the university and I'm wondering, will I have to do a foundation year or not?

No way to know for certain. They might accept you straight onto the main programme, offer you a foundation year (if they have one), or reject you outright. They’ll probably only know themselves at results time.
Original post by Admit-One
No way to know for certain. They might accept you straight onto the main programme, offer you a foundation year (if they have one), or reject you outright. They’ll probably only know themselves at results time.

Thanks a ton for the answer. Fingers crossed they actually do put me on to the main programme as doing a foundation year is an inconvenience for me.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
Send them an email with a list of all your qualifications and then follow up with a phone call to see if they might consider you, or what your best option would be. They won’t mind, it’s what they’re there for :smile:

Thank you. I shall do that, but i don't have that many qualifications in the first place as i'm not originally from uk so, i didn't go to school over here. I only have GCSE English for which i have a 6 in it and this year i did GCSE math. As for my main courses, i only have Subsidiary and national foundation diploma.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending