The Student Room Group

how to study

omg I am acc the biggest procrastinator ever, like I get hooked on tv shows and then have NO TIME to study. how the hell do I stop procrastinating ?
(like even now im procrastinating)
Hi Zamin16

It can be hard to stay focused when you need to study, I know I have had the exact same problem, here are a few things I keep in mind when I need to concentrate:

Get Organised - Ensure you know what you are studying for and when it is due.

Create a schedule - Once you know what you have to do, put it into a timetable or schedule of knowing what you will do each day. When you break down what you have to do it becomes more manageable in smaller chunks.

Get rid of distractions - These will only add to the procrastination, for myself I know a huge distraction is social media so I tend to switch off my phone. Changing the environment you study in can also be useful, heading to the Library or a coffee shop.

Reward yourself - When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.

Take breaks - Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising. ensure you give yourself time to clear your head.

Hope this helps!

Ruth :zorro:

Original post by Zamin16
omg I am acc the biggest procrastinator ever, like I get hooked on tv shows and then have NO TIME to study. how the hell do I stop procrastinating ?
Thanks this is acc really helpful
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi Zamin16

It can be hard to stay focused when you need to study, I know I have had the exact same problem, here are a few things I keep in mind when I need to concentrate:

Get Organised - Ensure you know what you are studying for and when it is due.

Create a schedule - Once you know what you have to do, put it into a timetable or schedule of knowing what you will do each day. When you break down what you have to do it becomes more manageable in smaller chunks.

Get rid of distractions - These will only add to the procrastination, for myself I know a huge distraction is social media so I tend to switch off my phone. Changing the environment you study in can also be useful, heading to the Library or a coffee shop.

Reward yourself - When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.

Take breaks - Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising. ensure you give yourself time to clear your head.

Hope this helps!

Ruth :zorro:
Original post by Zamin16
Thanks this is acc really helpful

No problem, :bird:

Let us know if you need any further advice/tips.

Cheers :biggrin:
This is my personal research on how to study over two years. I succeeded to get a distinction in 8000 students from many colleges. I did not spend more than two months in my college.

There are two important concepts worth sharing before I describe my study method. The first concept is about memory graph and the second one is about concentration span.

1. The Human Memory Graph
2. The Human Attention Span
Original post by username4527838

Hey, haha dont worry so am I. Have you tried going to the library?
Sophia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending