The Student Room Group

Abuse at home

I think I am getting abused at home but I don't want to ruin my brothers life by speaking out. What should I do?
Original post by Ocean16
I think I am getting abused at home but I don't want to ruin my brothers life by speaking out. What should I do?

Hi :smile:
Why do you think you're getting abused?
What actions, words etc led you to think this?
Physical, emotional or verbal abuse?
I am not sure why, maybe because I am a girl?

They say I am dumb, a waste of human life, I shouldn't have been born.
They have locked me up, burned me, hit me, threatened to take a pic of a used sanitary towel and post it on the internet.
They also call me stuff like 'sex on legs' 'bombshell' 'kisser'
All of them I think.
Original post by Anonymous
Physical, emotional or verbal abuse?
Original post by Ocean16

They have locked me up, burned me, hit me, threatened to take a pic of a used sanitary towel and post it on the internet.

BURNT YOU😤😤😤. WTF Thats so messed up you need to get the hell away from them.
Original post by Ocean16

That definitely sounds like emotional & physical abuse. So sorry you're going through this. The best thing would be to get away from them asap and speak to someone you trust (friend, relative etc) and go from there.
Stay strong sweetie :smile:
But I don't want to ruin my brothers life because of this.
Not to mention mine, they send to to a private school and I don't want to let such an excellent opportunity pass.
But thank you for taking the time out of, I'm sure, your busy day to answer my question.
Reply 8
I know you may think your life will be ruined but that's not true. Take strength from the people around you and try and find the courage to tell someone. I know it sounds like an impossible task but you don't deserve any of that. Sometimes its okay to put yourself first especially when others don't take your feelings into consideration. You have to remind yourself that you are human and that you deserve better.

Original post by Ocean16
But I don't want to ruin my brothers life because of this.
Not to mention mine, they send to to a private school and I don't want to let such an excellent opportunity pass.
But thank you for taking the time out of, I'm sure, your busy day to answer my question.
I’m saying this for ur safety and well-being, I think u might need to report to the police and gather evidence. Or at least tell someone in person who can help you like a teacher?
I’m saying this for ur safety and well-being. I really think you need to gather good evidence like phone recordings or photos of abuse on your body if there are any to possibly take to the police. Or at least tell someone in person like teachers or friends so they know if u do report in the future to the police. At least then you can have someone back you up when u report it and it doesn’t seem like you’re suddenly making things up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending