The Student Room Group

Working for Big 4 company outside London

Hi all,

Next year I am aiming to apply for a graduate position at one of the big 4. I really don't want to move home so will probably apply for it outside london. I know it may seem like I am planning ahead- but I just wanted some clarification on the living situation. Do the big 4 tend to provide accommodation for graduates starting out? If not, how did you go about finding housemates?

This is probably going to be a big deciding factor on the location I apply for. I don't want to be stressed about housing should (by some miracle aha) get the role.

Thanks so much!
Reply 1
Original post by lillycheer1
Hi all,

Next year I am aiming to apply for a graduate position at one of the big 4. I really don't want to move home so will probably apply for it outside london. I know it may seem like I am planning ahead- but I just wanted some clarification on the living situation. Do the big 4 tend to provide accommodation for graduates starting out? If not, how did you go about finding housemates?

This is probably going to be a big deciding factor on the location I apply for. I don't want to be stressed about housing should (by some miracle aha) get the role.

Thanks so much!

Hopefully current employees of big 4 will respond but I'm sure they don't provide accommodation for grad trainees. People find places through websites for flatshares etc.
Doubt it my mate works at PwC in Central London but he got lucky that his girlfriend studies at UCL. :rofl:
If you do end up getting the job I would ask the recruiter responsible for you at the top 4. Ask if they have a Facebook/Linkedin group for new starters in 2019 it's worth asking. If not you can also network with people during the interview and grab their Linkedin if they seem like alright people. I got a few house share offers as a result of doing this.
Previously I honestly just got a house share with a nice looking house which was close to work. I did ask the estate agent what type of people lived there though. Although that didn't stop a druggie moving in 3 months later but he got booted out within a month. (This hasn't put me off doing another similar house share though.)
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending