Turn on thread page Beta

hey please dnt de-anon / delete.

[im a lad]

ok; well i recently went on a night out, wiv my mates, and i was being sick so as i was quite drunk... i was apparently sitting on the toilet (apparently as i dnt remember) having bin taken to the loo, with the door open, i sat on the loo, seat down and pants up when i said "ok im finished", i then went home as i wasnt well, then today at school my "friends" who i was out with told everyone i had pooped myself and went home. the whole year knows and the sad thing is they believe them mostly...

this alone isnt as much of a deal, but all together with other various things of a similar rumour spreading type has just accumulated...

my group of friends have recently all started spreadin rumours about each other, i some times join in but not as much as eveyone else. the sad thing is that the ring leader is supposed to be my "best mate".

what shud i do...

laugh it off. its just banter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hey please dnt de-anon / delete.

[im a lad]

ok; well i recently went on a night out, wiv my mates, and i was being sick so as i was quite drunk... i was apparently sitting on the toilet (apparently as i dnt remember) having bin taken to the loo, with the door open, i sat on the loo, seat down and pants up when i said "ok im finished", i then went home as i wasnt well, then today at school my "friends" who i was out with told everyone i had pooped myself and went home. the whole year knows and the sad thing is they believe them mostly...

this alone isnt as much of a deal, but all together with other various things of a similar rumour spreading type has just accumulated...

my group of friends have recently all started spreadin rumours about each other, i some times join in but not as much as eveyone else. the sad thing is that the ring leader is supposed to be my "best mate".

what shud i do...
    Well I think if you join in when it comes to taking the piss out of other people, then you have to expect the same back...:rolleyes:

I wouldnt worry too much about what they say about you though, sounds like you all give as good as you get and it will all blow over soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    LOL yeh just laugh it off!

they obviously aint true friends...if u show its effecting u they will play on it even more!

ReputationRep:
    Awwr not good when it happens just laugh it off, it sounds like they need to grow up. If you sulk about it they'll see you as an easy target in the future..

ReputationRep:
    tell them you were hurt by it...if they are good friends they will apologise and know not to do it again.
    but as catbee said, in a few days everyone will have forgotten it, and anyway it's highly unlikely most of them believe it anyway
    x

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry about it, people will forget soon enough.

Reminds me of when Simon on the Inbetweeners gets a boner in the first episode, and everyone mentioned it to him for the next week or so. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Just laugh it off! There is nothing else you can do about it really.
    They sound like a pathetic bunch to be honest.

Of course, there is always the option of revenge! Just spread some equally creepy and malicious roumers of your own.

ReputationRep:
    just dont take them seriously, they probably think they're just "avin a laugh" so just go along with it.... if not you could have a quick talk to the ring leader and tell him you think they've gone a bit far...

ReputationRep:
    I know when rumours go round school that are embarrassing you feel like ****e but with time it'll blow over and someone else will become the victim of the playground banter. You seem to give as good as you get, as someone said, so you should expect it back. I understand you feel humiliated now but just let it blow over. Don't hide away or deny it prefusely, just say "Ok guys, I know what happened... I don't wanna bother trying to defend something that never even happened..." or something like that.
    If it's the fact that it's your "best-mate" why not talk to him, tell him he stepped over the line or that this joke wasn't funny... if he's a good friend he'll understand...
    Hope this helps...

ReputationRep:
    laugh it off, make them feel like idiots and the joke isn't very funny, act like it doesn't get your attention an they'll probably stop it soon.

If you're a scary person then you could intimidate the person or scare him, confront him an act dead serious about it.

Up to you really, lol.

(Original post by Cupid Stunt)
    laugh it off, make them feel like idiots and the joke isn't very funny, act like it doesn't get your attention an they'll probably stop it soon.

If you're a scary person then you could intimidate the person or scare him, confront him an act dead serious about it.

Up to you really, lol.
    yes bt they r all attention seekers, and so when the rest of the college finds it funny they wont realy listen to the rest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catbee)
    Well I think if you join in when it comes to taking the piss out of other people, then you have to expect the same back...:rolleyes:
    Yes.

Just laugh it off. They'll get boreed eventually.

ReputationRep:
    ignore them. rise above it. thus leaving you the more mature.

and you win

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.