The Student Room Group

Confused

I’ve known this girl for a few months now and we’ve recently begun dating. We used to work together and I know she was very upset when she split up with her ex it ended very messy. There were times for example someone would mention his name and she would just go silent and blank out. Now she’s telling me she wants to take things slow because she’s not ready for a relationship. What does this mean? is she still hooked up on him? Why does she go so silent and blank anytime something relates to him?
It means she’s probably still hung up on her ex - when you break up with someone sometimes little things remind you of them and it’s really hard to go from spending a lot of time with someone to not seeing them at all. It’s likely that when she remembers his name she remembers how she used to be and how they are not like that anymore which will obviously be upsetting for her.

She needs time to get over her breakup - give her space, if she’s not ready for a relationship she’s not ready. If you really like her take it at a slow pace!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending