Traffic light law Watch

Unknown2605
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Are there any red light cameras thst can be black in colour and be positioned on the top, or attached to a traffic light
TG1984
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes
(Original post by Unknown2605)
Are there any red light cameras thst can be black in colour and be positioned on the top, or attached to a traffic light
Unknown2605
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
What do they look like?
(Original post by TG1984)
Yes
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There's no law on what colour they are.
TG1984
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Pretty much what you described.
What do they look like?
Unknown2605
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Why i was confused is that if there was a camera only on top of the light facing the traffic how would it prove you went through a red light because there would be no red light in the photo, and also people say about a flash in a rear view mirror, that wouldn't be possible if the camera was facing towards you and even if it did that flash would be very dangerous as it would temporarily blur you vision
Pretty much what you described.
TG1984
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They don't usually flash due to the type of cameras that they are. Have a read of this, it might help:

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/c...light-cameras/
Why i was confused is that if there was a camera only on top of the light facing the traffic how would it prove you went through a red light because there would be no red light in the photo, and also people say about a flash in a rear view mirror, that wouldn't be possible if the camera was facing towards you and even if it did that flash would be very dangerous as it would temporarily blur you vision
Unknown2605
Rep:
?
Thanks mate I'm still really confused though iv not seen this light anywhere on line but Iv seen them a few times in the teeside area, I just don't know how a light facing away from the lights can prove you went through a red because it will not show you past the line or the colour of the light you went through
They don't usually flash due to the type of cameras that they are. Have a read of this, it might help:

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/c...light-cameras/
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks mate I'm still really confused though iv not seen this light anywhere on line but Iv seen them a few times in the teeside area, I just don't know how a light facing away from the lights can prove you went through a red because it will not show you past the line or the colour of the light you went through
No you haven't; there's no operational red light or fixed speed cameras in Durham or Cleveland.
Joinedup
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It sounds like a traffic sensor... and they'e just there to let the light control system know how busy the diferent roads coming into the junction are.
Unknown2605
Rep:
?
Okay cheers just seen a sign lost saying traffic signal and speed cameras that's all
(Original post by IWMTom)
No you haven't; there's no operational red light or fixed speed cameras in Durham or Cleveland.
Unknown2605
Rep:
?
How do you know none of them work may I ask?
Okay cheers just seen a sign lost saying traffic signal and speed cameras that's all
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How do you know none of them work may I ask?
Live in the area. Gazette did an article on it. Durham and Cleveland have a joint RPU as I'm sure you're probably aware - they only use mobile cameras.
Unknown2605
Rep:
?
Fair enough mate!
(Original post by IWMTom)
Live in the area. Gazette did an article on it. Durham and Cleveland have a joint RPU as I'm sure you're probably aware - they only use mobile cameras.
Bluemonkey14
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Spoiler:
Show
Yes there are
Unknown2605
Rep:
?
What do you they look like
(Original post by Bluemonkey14)
Spoiler:
Show
Yes there are
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (150)
17.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.85%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.29%

Watched Threads