The Student Room Group

Siblings on Study Leave?

My life is awful at the moment... Study Leave should be a good thing, but it isn't when you are the only child in your house going to school. Both my sister's have done their a levels, my brother has finished his GCSEs, leaving me at dreaded school! When I get home, they love to show off about how much free time they have, and how they all leave me out!
Can anyone relate?
Reply 1
I honestly think this will change as you get older, my siblings treat me so differently now that I’ve finished school, I guess there seems to be a kind of divide. Try not to get too annoyed at them, I do the same thing to my little brother, it’s just a way of having a bit of banter with your younger siblings. They’re not full on picking on you and study leave and being off after exams probably isn’t as fun as they make it out to be, but maybe that’s just me.
Reply 2
Just say in a loud voice in front of your parents that if your siblings have all this free time they are able to help more with the household chores; you would love to be more involved, but you've still got school!

Sympathies, I'm one of 5 over a big age range, so we were all at different stages with studies. I'm sure you've all got on each other's nerves a bit over the years. Plan to do something nice with them just after you finish school!
Don't worry, they'll come a time when they're out working and you'll have loads of free time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending