The Student Room Group

Did anyone else not get the HPV vaccine?

I was offered in when I was in year 8 (I'm 20 now) but my mum wouldn't let me get it. She isn't anti-vax by any means but was just put off by how new it was and some of the horror stories behind it.

I just randomly came across an article about it and now I'm kicking myself for not doing my own research at the time, especially as it's crazily expensive to get it down over the age of 18 :/
I got all my jabs. Go to your GP surgery and discuss this with them. They can set up an appointment with one of the nurses in order to administer any vaccines.

Please make sure you get vaccinated. Not just for your sake, but for the sake of others such as small children.
I didn't get mine.
My mum is kind of antivax - I'm up to date with all my jabs apart from HPV, but for example, when I was a baby she paid for me to have MMR separately as opposed to combined because she's likes believing conspiracy theories.
She was also quite religious then and assumed I wouldn't be sleeping around etc, and am therefore unlikely to get HPV.
Get the vaccine. It's literally a lifesaver, for you and for others. In the US they are giving it to boys and girls, and it's turning out that it can help prevent certain cancers in men as well, not just women and cervical cancer. Just do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending