How much do you spend on clothes? Watch

Chemist123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The reason why I mentioned 'girls' is because guys wear suits in my sixth form so they do not have to worry much about their clothes but us girls can wear whatever we want. I just wanted to know if I have to wear completely new outfits everyday so I would have to buy clothes every week.
(Original post by velvethopes)
Well you don't have to, and it's hardly a gender thing either? It's just, y'know, more hygienic to change your t-shirt every now and again.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Superdrilles)
Do you not get tired of wearing the same clothes on rotation??
Can't imagine that for myself i tend to get paranoid and start thinking if people are questioning ''is that all the clothes he got?'' - but then again i am very much into fashion so...
Nope, if something looks good on me I'm happy to wear it often :top:
kurro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I buy new clothes every summer during my birthday, around £100
I don't see the need to buy new clothes every month, it's pointless.

Shoes: I own 4 pairs and buy new ones when they break lol (but I get quite expensive shoes tho (£200-300), although they do last a couple of years)
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Like £50 a year maybe, all my stuff is from the charity shop except my wolf shirts which I order online
KimJayneNoel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
over 200 pounds a year depending on if i go to france i can spend up to 90 euros on clothes lol
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Chemist123)
The reason why I mentioned 'girls' is because guys wear suits in my sixth form so they do not have to worry much about their clothes but us girls can wear whatever we want. I just wanted to know if I have to wear completely new outfits everyday so I would have to buy clothes every week.
I wore a trouser suit to sixth form and mine was all all girls grammar if you want to wear a suit there's nothing stopping you
Bluemonkey14
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well it depends what type of outfit u want to wear, accordingly you can plan you budget. I usually buy my clothes keeping in mind the latest trends and colors in fashion.
sulli1007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by The Alice)
I’m 16, about to go to 6th form and just wondered how much people spend per month on clothing? I’m a primary girl and everyone seems to be spending loads and I also need to shop for clothes for 6th form so I need an estimate to compare with x
I spend and will always spend £0 cuz a B**** broke.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think I buy new clothes monthly... although I'd like to! :lol:

How much I spend varies. e.g. I spent £75 yesterday on 10 items (mostly summer dresses) because I'd thrown out most of my summer-appropriate clothing. Last time I think I bought clothes was December, and that was like £150-200 on just 3 items. But those I'm more likely to wear to uni and out with friends whereas the stuff I bought for summer is mostly for in the garden.
velvethopes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Chemist123)
No no, of course not. Honestly, nobody but ourselves really notice what we’re wearing anyway so it doesn’t matter if you repeat clothes. Most people at mine just lived in their leavers’ hoodies, but nobody cared bc washing machines exist.

Granted, if you can afford to buy clothes every week and you want to, go ahead. But might want a huge wardrobe to fit it all lmao
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
blueamaraxx
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Probably about £250/year on clothes
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by The Alice)
I’m 16, about to go to 6th form and just wondered how much people spend per month on clothing? I’m a primary girl and everyone seems to be spending loads and I also need to shop for clothes for 6th form so I need an estimate to compare with x
Hey! It really depends on you and what you will need! There are lots of discount places online you can get stuff for good prices or you have primark!!
Sophia
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I tend to buy a lot at once but not often. If we divide that then we get 50-100 per month.
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't buy a lot but I throw a bit of expense at the few things I buy a year. I could spend less by going to cheaper stores and taking advantage of sales more often. Here's how much I've spend so far this year.
3 Clarks Leather shoes £25 each in a sale.
2 x Black Burton Trousers £20 each
2 x Suits £100 each
2 x Peacoats £45 each
1 x Next Jeans £29
3 x Burton Long Sleeve shirts £12 each
£470
Ok I spend a lot. :rofl:
Last edited by Themysticalegg; 1 week ago
Granolakiddo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I actually just get it if I need it like I mean I have some/alot of clothes and if I really want it then I set myself a goal to get good on a certain test like end of topic and then I might get the clothes I wanted or new shoes etc. But i mean it's like every now and then i dont go town every week tbh (ain't nobody got time for that)
anonymous1231231
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
70 pounds every other month maybe? Plus an additional 300+ a year for shoes?

it doesnt matter if you 'recycle' outfits. literally no one cares. i mean at least have enough clothes for 5 days worth of outfits without much overlap, but after that who cares
cath_slater
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Probably like £100-£200 every couple of months maybe. For 6th form if they require u to wear suits (mine did) buy them from new look. They’re so cheap compared to others and they last for ages. I had mine for the full 2 years and they’re still in great nic now.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
desou
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I dunno, maybe around £100 a year in total, about half of that is on shoes. Once you've reached your adult height you shouldn't need to continually buy new clothes all the time.
chloeamat
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'd say 200-300 a year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads