JanhaviPurkar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Confused again: I need to choose two between Psychology, Economics, and History.

I've already chosen Math and Physics, and need to choose two from the options above.

Not sure what I want to do in the future. Any recommendations or advice about what I should pick?
kkai
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
history/econ>psychology
psychology is soft.
hafsah002
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i would suggest history over econ or psychology. My opinion may come off as biased but from what i know psychology is seen as a "soft" subject and econ (according to many) is boring and that alone is enough to make it difficult. I'd say go with what you most enjoy out of the three.(which is history for me).
Last edited by hafsah002; 2 years ago
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did History and enjoyed it. I have a friend who did Economics and didn't, although I suspect that was because he wasn't very good at Maths. It seems to me like similar kinds of skills are being tested in Maths and Economics. However, you've already said you'll be doing Maths, so that won't be an issue for you. I have almost no experience of Psychology.

My advice to you is to think about what you REALLY want to do. Remember that you'll be doing these subjects for 2 years, so make sure you enjoy them. Also, if you haven't already, try to have a look at the content that will be covered in your courses. Don't just go on your previous experience of these subjects. History A-level is completely different to History GCSE, for example.

I hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (7)
43.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
12.5%
No I am happy with my choice (7)
43.75%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads