Formal complaints Watch

Kikiakilx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
If I write a formal complaint to the school I’ve just left (just finished a levels there) about how I was treated and they ignore the email what do I do?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What are you hoping to achieve through making a complaint?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
only option is to win a $7,500,000 settlement.
Kikiakilx
Rep:
?
(Original post by sinfonietta)
That they see how disgusting their actions were and that they reconsider the way they treat their students in the future as well as seeing just how much they put me and others around me through x
Kikiakilx
Rep:
?
😂😭 I wish!
(Original post by SomMC1)
only option is to win a $7,500,000 settlement.
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hope dies last😉
(Original post by Kikiakilx)
😂😭 I wish!
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wont it be best to just move on from the sixth form experience and concentrate and look forward for your new uni adventures?

I like writing down what troubles me, usually on a google docs so that no one can access it apart from me, write my heart out, close it and be satisfied that I said everything I wanted to say, then i can 'forget' about that and let it go from my thoughts.
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That they see how disgusting their actions were and that they reconsider the way they treat their students in the future as well as seeing just how much they put me and others around me through x
Have you complained while you were at school? Have parents complained? Every school as a complaints procedure which you need to follow.
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
If I write a formal complaint to the school I’ve just left (just finished a levels there) about how I was treated and they ignore the email what do I do?
They cant ignore it if you make a formal complaint that follows their procedure.
You will need some evidence though and an idea of what you are hoping to achieve.
If you said nothing whilst you were there, then I cant see what you expect?
Kikiakilx
Rep:
?
Mum has complained numerous times had a go at them and now they just ignore us
(Original post by Muttley79)
Have you complained while you were at school? Have parents complained? Every school as a complaints procedure which you need to follow.
Kikiakilx
Rep:
?
Thats a good idea to be fair!!! X

Thanks Hun
Wont it be best to just move on from the sixth form experience and concentrate and look forward for your new uni adventures?

I like writing down what troubles me, usually on a google docs so that no one can access it apart from me, write my heart out, close it and be satisfied that I said everything I wanted to say, then i can 'forget' about that and let it go from my thoughts.
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thats a good idea to be fair!!! X

Thanks Hun
Glad I could inspire a way to lift the load from ya babe,

Message me if you wanna talk, Im always down to helping😊
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Mum has complained numerous times had a go at them and now they just ignore us
Did she write to the Governors? They have to respond ...
Vexper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

That works for you. Won't work for everyone. Especially if the experience has been really life changing or traumatising and you carry that weight a lot longer than the end of school. Also every school in england is legally bound to have a formal complaints system - that the DoE can get involved with. Complain in writing to both the headteacher, and the governors or academy trustees.

If that doesn't work, you go here;

https://form.education.gov.uk/fillfo...oLoginPrompt=1

Also, you can go here if you think the school is not being run properly, but again, you need to do the formal complaints process first, you go here;

https://contact.ofsted.gov.uk/online-complaints

They will expect you to really clarify what has happened unless there's significant safeguarding issues in play.
Last edited by Vexper; 3 weeks ago
Kikiakilx
Rep:
?
Exactly! But they didn’t.. so is there anything we should/can do?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Did she write to the Governors? They have to respond ...
Kikiakilx
Rep:
?
Thank you so much! These links are really really helpful xx
(Original post by Vexper)
That works for you. Won't work for everyone. Especially if the experience has been really life changing or traumatising and you carry that weight a lot longer than the end of school. Also every school in england is legally bound to have a formal complaints system - that the DoE can get involved with. Complain in writing to both the headteacher, and the governors or academy trustees.

If that doesn't work, you go here;

https://form.education.gov.uk/fillfo...oLoginPrompt=1

Also, you can go here if you think the school is not being run properly, but again, you need to do the formal complaints process first, you go here;

https://contact.ofsted.gov.uk/online-complaints

They will expect you to really clarify what has happened unless there's significant safeguarding issues in play.
Kikiakilx
Rep:
?
Same for you!! 💝
Glad I could inspire a way to lift the load from ya babe,

Message me if you wanna talk, Im always down to helping😊
Kikiakilx
Rep:
?
We said a lot while I was there! They didn’t do anything, so now we’ve formally put it in writing. The headmaster was involved while I was stil there and didn’t do anything, and the sixth form team know exactly how they feel as I, and my mum lashed out a number of times
(Original post by 999tigger)
They cant ignore it if you make a formal complaint that follows their procedure.
You will need some evidence though and an idea of what you are hoping to achieve.
If you said nothing whilst you were there, then I cant see what you expect?
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Exactly! But they didn’t.. so is there anything we should/can do?
Ofsted? Is it an Academy or LA school.
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
We said a lot while I was there! They didn’t do anything, so now we’ve formally put it in writing. The headmaster was involved while I was stil there and didn’t do anything, and the sixth form team know exactly how they feel as I, and my mum lashed out a number of times
The official complaints procedure has to be followed once you start it. If the headmaster ignores then you remind them of it and the next level up would be the governors, then the DOE or Ofsted.

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-school/state-schools

Presumably you have evidence?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads