The Student Room Group

Jemima's summer challenge 2019

Jemima's su mmer to remember.png

I'm 16 and i've just finished my GCSE's. Currently i'm so bored so thought i'd start one of these to try and occupy myself.
Your 24 goals:

1. Discover a new beach (UK or abroad) - hopefully going on holiday but sure i'll go to the coast at some point
2. Have a movie marathon day- i can do that when my sisters are at school
3. Travel somewhere new (local or abroad… wherever)-yep
4. Create something (fashion, art, music, creative writing or anything) - currently working on a harry potter cross stitch and planning to make a photo collage for my bedroom wall as well as an album
5. Visit a museum - haven't been to a museum in years
6. Go for a long walk - should be okay
7. Read a book you haven’t read before - planning on reading 'turtles all the way down' and hopefully more because i used to read loads before GCSE's
8. Have a picnic - fine as long as i don't get attacked by wasps
12. Have a water fight - okay
13. Have a well-being day (e.g. pamper day, doing whatever you enjoy etc.) probably just chilling in my house, listening to music and basically doing nothing
14. Try a new recipe - i love baking
15. Make your ultimate summer playlist
16. Inspire others by suggesting a free/low-cost thing to do where you live in this thread - well there isn't really much to do in my town
17. Go on a hike - lovely
18. Invent a new smoothie - always wanted to do this
19. Take part in a random act of kindness - don't know what but i suppose it's random
20. Host a party, gathering or mini festival - i have a non-existent social life, all my friends are away at the moment
21. Learn a new skill- i always say this but never do it
22. Write a bucket list and see how much you can tick off by the end of summer- started this
24. Do something towards getting your dream job (prep your CV, find apprenticeships/internships to apply to etc.)- planning on doing this once i've got my GCSE results

These are my own bucket list goals:
Actually update this blog and not give up like i normally do
Get GCSE results that i'm proud of
Spend time with friends and siblings
Reorganise my room
Get ready for sixth form and complete summer transition work
Attempt to get a tan
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
:woo::woo::woo:

Have an amazing summer @jemima0103 :biggrin:
Reply 2
okay, so i haven't really done much this weekend but last friday i had my year 11 prom, and it was actually really good. It was a great end to the 5 years with some of my closest friends
Reply 3
Untitled design.jpg
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
i also made my spotify summer playlist and will probably add more to it
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6Axe6TzAC1IiqO0mEFvsEy?si=EDobulA3TvK1KqqIdlxeEw
Reply 5
Attachment not found
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Sunset chaser.png
(edited 4 years ago)
nice one
Reply 8
Sunset chaser (1).png
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Sunset chaser (2).png
17/07/2019

Have a well-being day---- I dyed my hair turquoise and sunbathed in my garden. I also took a walk into town which was really good, and then spent the rest of the day watching Gilmore Girls as well as meditating.

Learn a new skill---- I don't know if this counts but i'm going to try and meditate because it was recommended to me by my GP who said that it might help calm my hypochondria and help me feel more relaxed.

Snapchat-1930767592[1].jpg
21/07/2019

I've started my transition work as well as reading the catcher in the rye, which is really good so far.
I've also made a list of stuff that i need for sixth form.
On Friday i bought the new Sabrina Carpenter album (singular act 2) so I've spent a lot of time listening to that.
Mainly though, I've wasted most of my days binge watching Gilmore Girls
24/07/2019

Have a water fight--- We got out my sisters paddling pool yesterday and had a big water fight. I got slightly sunburnt again but i'm also developing a tan now.
16/08/2019
haven't updated this in so long because I've been on holiday but now i'm back.
I completed loads of the tasks while i was away.
1. Discover a new beach (UK or abroad)-- I was on holiday in northumberland so visited a few nice beaches, including one which could be seen from the caravan we were staying
2. Have a movie marathon day- I'm not really a fan of movies, so i had a joint TV and movie marathon day. The film i watched were The Duff, and Sleepover. I then watched the TV show Gilmore Girls.

3. Travel somewhere new (local or abroad… wherever)- I went to Northumberland, which is a place I've never been to before. One of the highlights, was passing through alnwick.
4. Create something (fashion, art, music, creative writing or anything)-I didn't do my cross stitch, but instead i created a journal/photo album, which has photos of me, my friends and my family, and then i write in it every day like a diary.

6. Go for a long walk - Me, my brother and my sister went on a long walk along the seafront.
7. Read a book you haven’t read before- I've read quite a few books this summer. I read 'Turtles all the way down', 'Still Me' and 'The catcher in the rye'. I'm currently reading two more books at the moment as well.

8. Have a picnic- I visited an island called Holy Island, and we packed food and ate outside in the sunshine. We then had cake and ice cream
14. Try a new recipe- I've never actually baked a cake before so i made a Victoria sponge yesterday and it tasted really good.
17. Go on a hike- We went on a hike through a nice forest, which was great apart from the fact that it started raining and it was really steep so for the next few days i was aching so much.

I'll post some pictures soon
20190808_144353[1].jpg20190808_140118[1].jpg
20190805_111004[1].jpg20190805_112011[1].jpg
Reply 16
Good luck with your GCSE results this week :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest