The Student Room Group

First Date Advice

Hi all,

I have my first date with someone in the next few days. We’ve been speaking for around a month now and have decided to meet up. I’m really looking forward to it and feel really good about the person.

Problem is, I’m a bag of nerves when it comes to dating. I hardly ever do this and have not had many partners at all - if you can even call them that. I’m nervous as to what I should speak about when I see him. We’ll be meeting in town before we go for our meal. I think I’ll be fine once we’re sat down and talking but what the hell do we talk about when we say hi and start walking together? I really want to avoid awkwardness as much as possible.
If you usually message during the day then keep back something you would usually text them about to tell them in person.
Reply 2
Who arranged the outing? If it was your date, ask why they chose the bar/restaurant, what else they like to eat. If it was you, same thing, have you been there for a birthday or family do?

They might be nervous too! Don't worry if you are both quiet or very chatty until things settle down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending