First Date Advice Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi all,

I have my first date with someone in the next few days. We’ve been speaking for around a month now and have decided to meet up. I’m really looking forward to it and feel really good about the person.

Problem is, I’m a bag of nerves when it comes to dating. I hardly ever do this and have not had many partners at all - if you can even call them that. I’m nervous as to what I should speak about when I see him. We’ll be meeting in town before we go for our meal. I think I’ll be fine once we’re sat down and talking but what the hell do we talk about when we say hi and start walking together? I really want to avoid awkwardness as much as possible.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you usually message during the day then keep back something you would usually text them about to tell them in person.
Surnia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Who arranged the outing? If it was your date, ask why they chose the bar/restaurant, what else they like to eat. If it was you, same thing, have you been there for a birthday or family do?

They might be nervous too! Don't worry if you are both quiet or very chatty until things settle down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (129)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (63)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (374)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.24%

Watched Threads