Coping with failure

Watch
Averageguy101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I study a bachelor's degree in sociology and I have recently found out that I failed my bachelor thesis. This is very difficult to cope with because this was the last assignment I needed to complete before graduation.

What makes this especially difficult is that my family is quite disappointed in the situation and I am disappointed in myself.

In retrospect, the reason why I failed is because I was relatively unenthusiastic about the thesis (and the course overall) and struggled to work on it most of the time, even when I forced myself, I was simply unable to write.

Hence, I was wondering how graduates/students have dealt with situations like this before.
Maven Writers
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't spend more time focusing on it than is necessary. Most (>50%) students deal with failure somewhere in the course of their academic lives. DO NOT let pressures from family put you down. Best way to overcome is to make plans that address the failure as soon as possible. This changes your mindset and focus!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.82%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (750)
41.85%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (356)
19.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.46%

Watched Threads