The Student Room Group

should I go into extra/clearing?

Hi there,
so I've got NTU (Nottingham Trent) for fashion communication and promotion as my firm choice which is asking for three Bs. I am really beginning to think I'm not going to get this and it was a bit of a gamble really, as I'm predicted like BCC or maybe BBC. I'm thinking about now putting myself into extra/clearing and applying at UWE Bristol for Fashion Communication which is 112 UCAS points. However it's risky?? Any advice/opinions would be great.
Reply 1
Wait until results day - NTU may let you into your course with lower grades, and if they don't you can always apply to other courses through clearing on results day.
Original post by Ehaswell12
Hi there,
so I've got NTU (Nottingham Trent) for fashion communication and promotion as my firm choice which is asking for three Bs. I am really beginning to think I'm not going to get this and it was a bit of a gamble really, as I'm predicted like BCC or maybe BBC. I'm thinking about now putting myself into extra/clearing and applying at UWE Bristol for Fashion Communication which is 112 UCAS points. However it's risky?? Any advice/opinions would be great.

Madness without knowing your results. They might still take you on BCC. The other one is likely to be in clearing anyway if still available now.
Which is your insurance and how many points?
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Madness without knowing your results. They might still take you on BCC. The other one is likely to be in clearing anyway if still available now.

Original post by 999tigger

Thanks for your reply. My insurance is Liverpool John Moores for 104 points
The questions you need to ask yourself is where you want to go and whether if you got rejected by NTU would you prefer Liverpool John Moores or UWE. The likelyhood is all 3 will accept you on reduced grades and will probably end up in clearing. It NTU is still your favourite then stick with it. If you have changed your mind and prefer UWE you can reject NTU and go into clearing after insuring UWE is in clearing. If you dont want to go to John Moores at all then you can tell the university you have changed your mind and ask them to reject you. You would then be free to apply to UWE if NTU reject you on results day. The likelyhood is you will be accepted by NTU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending