Sexual discomfort Watch

yellowrabbit
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I recently lost my virginity to a guy I've been dating. I've experienced some sexual discomfort during sex and for a few days, the first few times I put it down to not having had sex before. But I'm not too sure now cause I've felt itchy and uncomfortable afterwards a few times since. We've used a condom every time but I'm worried as I don't want to be put off having sex as it does feel good just there is sometimes a pain there.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by yellowrabbit)
I recently lost my virginity to a guy I've been dating. I've experienced some sexual discomfort during sex and for a few days, the first few times I put it down to not having had sex before. But I'm not too sure now cause I've felt itchy and uncomfortable afterwards a few times since. We've used a condom every time but I'm worried as I don't want to be put off having sex as it does feel good just there is sometimes a pain there.
It's normal for sex to be a bit uncomfortable at first, and this feeling will go away eventually. Are you lubricated enough? Sometimes being too dry can cause discomfort.
EmilyLouiseR
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would think it's because it's all new and it will take a couple of months for you too get used to it. I agree with the first comment, being dry can cause can make it feel not to nice. It could also be the condom? See how it goes and if your still getting the same feelings of itchiness try a different brand of condom.
Also from experience and talking to friends, you can also get thrush when you first become sexually active, again just because its all new to your body. Keep an eye out for those symptoms such as itchiness, stinging when you go to the loo, pain during sex or an odorless discharge. Its not anything to worry about, you can by canesten from any store. Hopefully this helps.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by yellowrabbit)
Sounds like it could be thrush if you are getting itching, or it could just be that there is not enough lubrication (which would increase your risk of getting thrush). Or you might be allergic to the condoms (have you tried non-latex ones)?
yellowrabbit
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I actually have invested in some lube and this has really helped, thanks for all the advice !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed