The Student Room Group

Extenuating Circumstances for exams and employment

Hi guys

So I will graduate with a 2.1 this year, despite having missed an exam due to genuine reasons. I have a grad offer that needs a 2.1

The missed exam will appear as N/A on the transcript (meaning I missed an exam due to ECs).

Now my question is;
How would this effect employment checks? I still will get a 2.1, just I didn't sit one exam due to health reasons. Will employers reject me for this?
Original post by princess1236
Hi guys

So I will graduate with a 2.1 this year, despite having missed an exam due to genuine reasons. I have a grad offer that needs a 2.1

The missed exam will appear as N/A on the transcript (meaning I missed an exam due to ECs).

Now my question is;
How would this effect employment checks? I still will get a 2.1, just I didn't sit one exam due to health reasons. Will employers reject me for this?

Only if your employment offer requires all exams to have been sat - you would need to check the terms and conditions of your offer. I'd be surprised if they withdrew it due to this. It would be a good idea to contact them to explain why the transcript states NA though so that they aren't confused/concerned.

Quick Reply

Latest