HucktheForde
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-e...time-series_en

download and have a look

UK business sentiment index drop below 100 3 months in a row

meanwhile Hungary is the optimistic economy of all of EU.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not surprising the Tory party have made it official policy to **** this country in the ass economically and the markets and institutions have begun to take note.
ColinDent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HucktheForde)
https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-e...time-series_en

download and have a look

UK business sentiment index drop below 100 3 months in a row

meanwhile Hungary is the optimistic economy of all of EU.
Could not give a single ****, once we leave the shitstorm that is the European Union then our economy can grow, and even if it doesn't then it makes not one iota of difference to me and most of my fellow working class types, it's the middle classes that will be worst hit because their wonderful lifestyles will be distributed and they wont be able to hire cheap foreign labourers to do their gardens, extensions and look after their children for them.
https://youtu.be/LK8sxngSWaU
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Could not give a single ****, once we leave the shitstorm that is the European Union then our economy can grow,
I see you've bought into the fantasy that Farage, Johnson, and other Brexit-supporting establishment voices sold you.

and even if it doesn't then it makes not one iota of difference to me and most of my fellow working class types, it's the middle classes that will be worst hit
I suggest you take the time to educate yourself about the impact of an economic downturn. It's not the middle classes who suffer, it is those at the bottom of society that disproportionately bear the suffering. They are the ones that face extended periods of unemployment, see their health decline, face issues with housing and meeting basic needs. I

because their wonderful lifestyles will be distributed and they wont be able to hire cheap foreign labourers to do their gardens, extensions and look after their children for them.
At least make some kind of effort to conceal your sense of resentment.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
I see you've bought into the fantasy that Farage, Johnson, and other Brexit-supporting establishment voices sold you.

I suggest you take the time to educate yourself about the impact of an economic downturn. It's not the middle classes who suffer, it is those at the bottom of society that disproportionately bear the suffering. They are the ones that face extended periods of unemployment, see their health decline, face issues with housing and meeting basic needs. I

At least make some kind of effort to conceal your sense of resentment.
Not resentment, it's a fact and is why it's the middle classes that are most worried about brexit.
How about you try to educate yourself on what ordinary working class people have had to go through for the last decade or so, forget what reports or government statistics say and speak to those who have been through it
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
once we leave the shitstorm that is the European Union then our economy can grow,
Its a nice sentiment. You can apply the same logic to trees. You can cut a tree down and it will grow. But often it will be killed completely. Even if it does recover, it rarely becomes the magnificent tree again. Just a spindly bush of brush.

Are you prepared to be unemployed for 5+ years to make a point because that is what many worker are facing post Brexit. But then you don't give a sh1t, so whilst people influencing the country don't give a sh1t, things are bound to get better right?
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Its a nice sentiment. You can apply the same logic to trees. You can cut a tree down and it will grow. But often it will be killed completely. Even if it does recover, it rarely becomes the magnificent tree again. Just a spindly bush of brush.

Are you prepared to be unemployed for 5+ years to make a point because that is what many worker are facing post Brexit. But then you don't give a sh1t, so whilst people influencing the country don't give a sh1t, things are bound to get better right?
Can you please provide concrete evidence that much of the country will spend 5 years + unemployed due to our leaving the EU, not crystal ball reading stuff mind, actual concrete evidence.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can you please provide concrete evidence that much of the country will spend 5 years + unemployed due to our leaving the EU, not crystal ball reading stuff mind, actual concrete evidence.
This is the problem with bean counters. You simply see the world in terms of simplistic numbers. You don't put a value on the real values within life that come with good employment. Pride, community, security etc etc. And these days claiming benefit is more trouble than it is worth. Why else do you think food banks (unheard of 10 years ago) so extensive. The Tories have even managed to privatise thevsupport handed out to those who have the least.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is the problem with bean counters. You simply see the world in terms of simplistic numbers. You don't put a value on the real values within life that come with good employment. Pride, community, security etc etc. And these days claiming benefit is more trouble than it is worth. Why else do you think food banks (unheard of 10 years ago) so extensive. The Tories have even managed to privatise thevsupport handed out to those who have the least.
I'll take that as a no then
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'll take that as a no then
Unemployment benefit won't be much simply because the benefit has remained more or less the same since 2000. But tell me what the true cost will be.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Unemployment benefit won't be much simply because the benefit has remained more or less the same since 2000. But tell me what the true cost will be.
You are the one making sweeping statements about how so many people will be out of work for more than 5 years so I would say the onus is on you to back that up with some evidence.
I believe that our leaving the EU, deal or not, will have little effect on the labour market in the UK, but that is just my opinion and I'm not trying to pass it off as fact.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You are the one making sweeping statements about how so many people will be out of work for more than 5 years so I would say the onus is on you to back that up with some evidence.
I believe that our leaving the EU, deal or not, will have little effect on the labour market in the UK, but that is just my opinion and I'm not trying to pass it off as fact.
Ok. It is my opinion the the opposite will be the case because those businesses at the sharp end of Brexit are screaming for no deal to be taken off the table. Oh and in my opinion the pound will be massively devalued bssed on the fact it has already lost value since the referendum which will cause interest rates to rise in order to curb inflation which will have a significant negative effect on our economy as borrowing for investment becomes more expensive... in my opinion.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ok. It is my opinion the the opposite will be the case because those businesses at the sharp end of Brexit are screaming for no deal to be taken off the table. Oh and in my opinion the pound will be massively devalued bssed on the fact it has already lost value since the referendum which will cause interest rates to rise in order to curb inflation which will have a significant negative effect on our economy as borrowing for investment becomes more expensive... in my opinion.
Well done, wasn't hard was it 😉
Still not facts on what will happen though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (142)
61.47%
No (89)
38.53%

Watched Threads