Need urgent help with btec national grading system Watch

Mahmoodkhan01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
What is the minmimum critera to pass a BTEC national diploma course? Do you have to pass every single assignment (just for pass not merit or distinction)?
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mahmoodkhan01)
What is the minmimum critera to pass a BTEC national diploma course? Do you have to pass every single assignment (just for pass not merit or distinction)?
Not 100% sure but the grading system for BTEC works like this ...
Distinction* = A*
Distinction = A
Merit = B
Pass = C
Anything else is a fail.

I imagine that every assignment carries some weight to the overall grade you'll get so if you didn't do as well in one assignment but did exceptionally well in the other, the grade should balance out. I'd ask your teacher for future clarification and hopefully someone else who knows more than I do replies.
morningstar461
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't know if it's different for different courses but for the BTEC I'm doing, you need to get at least a Pass on all the core units and get enough points overall from all units. There's a grade calculator on the Pearson website. https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...alculator.html
fordcortina
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
See the All About BTECs post from chocolateworm34.

If it was an old BTEC with no exams, technically you need to pass every assignment. If it is an Extended Diploma of an old style BTEC and you messed up your 2nd year, you could still get a certificate from Year 1.

New BTECs with exams - if you achieved a Near Pass in one or more examination units and still got enough overall points in assignments, you can still be awarded a diploma/extended diploma etc
Mahmoodkhan01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Well i passed all the units except just one unit. Burt tha unit i failed was a core unit. Does rhis mean im ****ed, or is there still hope
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (55)
55.56%
No (44)
44.44%

Watched Threads