Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My physics teacher has been telling our class that when the question says that you will be marked on the clarity of your answer you should put it the answer in bullet points.

This is for edexcel. Anyone know if this is true?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Generally QWC marks are about usng technical terms correctly and ordering your points in a coherent argument. Bullets are OK - but I tell my students to leave the bullets out.

Aboce all , dont waffle.

ReputationRep:
    I find bullet points help me to order what I'm saying properly. (and thus, tis easier to get the QWC marks). But then, those who are good at extended writing anyway wouldn't need to....
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Whenever I'm getting marks for quality of written communication, I always write in paragraph style. Depends on the subject, but as long as you don't write just one-word answer bullet points it should be ok.

ReputationRep:
    Is that true? Can we actually write it in bullet points??? How? I mean just put a dash and start your point then in the next line put another dash and so on? Is that allowed? I'm terrible in writing essays and always find myself running out of space if i were to answer a 4 marks question even though i know what to write because i'm putting in unnecessary words which are needed to link all the sentences up.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, all my long answers are pretty much in bullet points. But, I always write more than one word - usually one or two sentences, because otherwise there really would be no flowing argument / explanation.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that's good then because I always find myself waffling on if I write in paragraphs.

Some of my Physics lecturers never write outside of bullet points. I wouldn't be surprised if they even bullet point their signature!

ReputationRep:
    Cool. I'm going to do that in my edexcel paper tomorrow.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 10, 2008

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.