The Student Room Group

Do You Play Hard To Get?

Well, title says it all.

and what are your views on playing hard to get? E.G. gets annoying sometimes, you don't like it, etc. lol

and do you think playing "TOO HARD" to get, makes one drift away? E.G. you have a crush, but you play hard to get, so the crush gets bored, and moves on..?

lol just curious & bored

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm so hard to get, I dont get any.
lol Phyz you was so fast to reply.

HAHA! :P gonna rep you for that! made me laugh
I'm pants at it. To the point that I'm sure I come across as clingy. I can't help myself, I don't even mean to do it, I just can't be bothered with the "wait at LEAST an hour before you text back"? WHY!? I really DON'T have anything better to do, so pretending that I do just seems sad?
Reply 4
I don't like people who purposefully play hard to get.

Some people are standoffish, which is fine, I'm quite standoffish but I don't do it to make the guy drool all over me. I'm pretty honest really.
Reply 5
Playing hard to get is such a stupid childish waste of time, if you like someone and they like you, where's the problem?
LOL, some interesting replies.

well i think i play really hard to get, i don't know why. but then im also really clingy at other times. LOL, but sometimes i think playing too hard to get makes the boy drift away..?
Reply 7
Not really hard to get, but you have to make it so things aren't so easy, otherwise it's not interesting and someone will just go elsewhere.
i dont like it when people do it to me. But i often *unintentionally do it myself. I don't mean to, it stems from lazyness really. I'll get a text and then think ah cba i'll text back later, but then i forget. I'm quite distant aswell sometimes so if i feel like i need my own space or i cant be bothered talking to the person i'll ignore their calls. But then i always call or message them later. I dont do it with the intention of being "hard to get" its just my personality.
hmm.. yeah atoms4peace, i do that quite often, am "quite distant" and i actually don't know why i do this, like i mentioned before, sometimes im clingy, sometimes i play hard to get, then other times im quite distant.. im strange
Reply 10
i don't think anyone has ever played hard to get on me or maybe they do and i just assume they aren't in to me and its just that simple. personally i always play hard to get and it always backfires. I do it because even if some one said "i'm so in love with you" i would still be afraid of putting myself out there
I play impossible to get as I am scared of intimacy.
I don't think I do intentionally, my mood and how I feel about someone in the early stages is fairly changeable though. Means I can be distant/uninterested at times...

If someone acted uninterested, or if I thought someone was playing games with me I'm fairly sure the only response it'd provoke was me losing interest, with the possible addition of being annoyed at/with them.
I do it unintentionally but not with people i really like. Then i think i make it pretty obvious.
LOl, i do it with the people i really like, like EVERYDAY!
Reply 15
This coming from a guy that has been described as 'uncomplicated' but we're not psychoanalysts ... if you act like you're not interested, we'll think you're not interested and move on (unless he's a stalker and prob. not who you're after lol)

Just (not too obviously) show you're interested and if you get some signals back you work from that. Its really doesn't have to be as complicated as everyone tries to make it.

Josh
Nah, not intentionally. Playing hard to get to me just makes it seem like you're not interested!
linkdapink
I'm pants at it. To the point that I'm sure I come across as clingy. I can't help myself, I don't even mean to do it, I just can't be bothered with the "wait at LEAST an hour before you text back"? WHY!? I really DON'T have anything better to do, so pretending that I do just seems sad?

totally agree with that- and plus i usually have my phone with me anyway so it makes sense to txt back, without postponin it and probs forgettin bout it. but most ppl see that as bein qutie desperate and even clingy-ppl are just different-and it really gets me when ppl purposefully wait couple of minutes or hours(!!) until they reply- i mean whats the point!! stop wastin time!! :P
I don't play hard to get, I AM hard to get.
Reply 19
playing hard to get is fun!...as they say all the thrills are in the 'chase':biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending