asha1153
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’m finished with my GCSEs and I’m going into college but I’m not sure what a level to do as I can’t choose between the 4 and Ik I can take 4 but I don’t want to as it’s just gonna be extra work. At uni I wanna study criminology so I’m confused as I’m defo gonna choose psychology and biology but I’m confused between sociology and law. I think psychology, bio and sociology are somewhat linked so I feel like choosing them together will improve my understanding. However I also am interested in law as it links with criminology. I’m not sure. Also I’m worried if law is gonna be too much.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by asha1153)
So I’m finished with my GCSEs and I’m going into college but I’m not sure what a level to do as I can’t choose between the 4 and Ik I can take 4 but I don’t want to as it’s just gonna be extra work. At uni I wanna study criminology so I’m confused as I’m defo gonna choose psychology and biology but I’m confused between sociology and law. I think psychology, bio and sociology are somewhat linked so I feel like choosing them together will improve my understanding. However I also am interested in law as it links with criminology. I’m not sure. Also I’m worried if law is gonna be too much.
Hey. For criminology, I highly recommend studying sociology and either biology or psychology would be useful as well. I don't recommend studying law as it's mostly theoretical based and it doesn't teach you to analyse things in depth like history does. Have a look at the requirements for criminology at different unis for guidance as well as they may require specific A-Levels. Hope this helps.
asha1153
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks so much this really helped and I’ll look at requirements for uni. Thank you
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Hey. For criminology, I highly recommend studying sociology and either biology or psychology would be useful as well. I don't recommend studying law as it's mostly theoretical based and it doesn't teach you to analyse things in depth like history does. Have a look at the requirements for criminology at different unis for guidance as well as they may require specific A-Levels. Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (46)
63.01%
I don't have everything I need (27)
36.99%

Watched Threads