Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have sent my ucas form off and got all my offers and accepted/declined etc etc

And I've just realised I totally forgot to put on my General Studies AS grade on my ucas form. I didn't think it would be important but because I need points to get to Kent, the few points from that grade could make all the difference.

Is it too late to add my qualification now? Does anyone know?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Your school should've checked this before allowing your UCAS application to be submitted. But, it's too late for your school to do anything about it now. I can't give you a final answer, but to be honest the only people who can tell you for definite are UCAS themselves. However I wouldn't worry about it - UCAS don't just 'take your word' for whatever you submit to them, they have to check it too. So I'm sure if they realise you've got another qualification, they'll add it (just as if they realised someone has lied and put a qualification they don't have, they will remove it).

ReputationRep:
    Email Kent and UCAS as soon as you can, explaining what's happened - they'll let you know whether it'll count towards your points.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to put my key skills qualification, don't really care as I still got places, although it would have been good to put down. I suppose I have too many qualifications to keep track of. OMG I just remembered 10 Points, dear dear, I keep forgetting mentioning Key Skills as it seems insignificant, I suppose it doesn't matter even though its 10 UCAS Points.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed Kent about it three days ago and have no reply

I think I will phone Ucas tomorrow.

I just need to know because if Kent accept General Studies then it means I'll get in for sure, but without it I might not have enough points you see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahbanana12345)
    I emailed Kent about it three days ago and have no reply

I think I will phone Ucas tomorrow.

I just need to know because if Kent accept General Studies then it means I'll get in for sure, but without it I might not have enough points you see.
    UCAS won't be able to tell you whether Kent accept General Studies - get in touch with them because they need to know, but ring Kent as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I might ring Kent about whether they accept it.

But I think I need to phone Ucas anyway because I wonder if I can even add the qualification on at this late stage.

ReputationRep:
    Surely forgetting to put General Studies down would be a positive thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahbanana12345)
    Yeah I think I might ring Kent about whether they accept it.

But I think I need to phone Ucas anyway because I wonder if I can even add the qualification on at this late stage.
    You definately will be able to add the qualification. Do ring UCAS, as they will be able to reassure you that they are updating the system etc.

Ring Kent! You have nothing to lose, and the admissions tutor will be able to tell you straight out whether they accept General Studies or not.
    A quick look on the UCAS Course Search section of the website at your course and qualification requirements should also give you a rough idea of this anyway.
    Don't wait for the email. You may never get a reply, and will end up wondering if they ever recieved it in the first place. Phoning will definately give you a more direct answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_J)
    Surely forgetting to put General Studies down would be a positive thing?
    :rolleyes:

Not if the university accepts General Studies, and you're close to the boundary so you need all the points you can get...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosiePosiePuddingAndPie)
    :rolleyes:

Not if the university accepts General Studies, and you're close to the boundary so you need all the points you can get...
    What are you rolling your eyes for dear?

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.