Turn on thread page Beta

ARGH That Nervous Date Feeling 24hrs Before . . .UPDATE PAGE 3 watch

. . . OMG, I have a date tomorrow lunchtime and im absolutely petrified .

Anyone else get these horrid butterflies that make them visit the bathroom quite a few times, the headache that makes you unable to think?

ReputationRep:
    Take rohypnol beforehand then.

ReputationRep:
    well oviously u must like teh guy quite a lot!

Just be yourself, AND RELAX!!

take a few deep breaths and everything will be fine

ReputationRep:
    i've honestly never felt nervous before a date. weird. I get excited sometimes, other times i get annoyed because it means missing the peep show but i dont really get nervous.

just try some positive thinking i guess. Like telling yourself how attractive and interesting you are and how lucky the guy is to be going out with you. Maybe it will rub off subconsciously and make you feel more at ease.

ReputationRep:
    have confidence in yourself, the person your meeting probably feels the same =] good luck x

ReputationRep:
    I always get horribly nervous too

ReputationRep:
    Yup. It was terrible. I got to the point where I didn't want to go! Glad I did, even if I just went into super nervous mode and could NOT stop talking rubbish!

(Original post by evissa)
    well oviously u must like teh guy quite a lot!

Just be yourself, AND RELAX!!

take a few deep breaths and everything will be fine
    He is rather hooot lol

I have always had the nervous butterflies before meeting a bloke and I hate the feeling. For once I just want to be really chilled, laid back and relaxed and not be worrying.

ReputationRep:
    nope.
    i've never had a huge zomg date before though.
    if i'm meeting a boy or going somewhere i'm usually pretty chill about it, whatever will be will be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    He is rather hooot lol

I have always had the nervous butterflies before meeting a bloke and I hate the feeling. For once I just want to be really chilled, laid back and relaxed and not be worrying.

Lol, I'm sure you will be
    Once your with him, everything will be fine

all the best
    evissa x

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah that feelings worse than doing the actual exam itself. Because all you're doing is stressing over it were as in the exam you have no time to.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Never. Just mildly curious really.

ReputationRep:
    Ughhh I have hay fever = watery eyes = panda look = not good!

Atleast I have my outfit sorted out thanks to my gbf finally coming through! Thankfully I already know him so the butterflies are minimized / the good kind! Or maybe I'm already too stressed about exam to worry about anything else

(Original post by MakingMoves)
    Haha, yeah that feelings worse than doing the actual exam itself. Because all you're doing is stressing over it were as in the exam you have no time to.
    Give me the exams. . . .swap it anyday for these feelings lol

(Original post by eMJaaay♥)
    Ughhh I have hay fever = watery eyes = panda look = not good!

Atleast I have my outfit sorted out thanks to my gbf finally coming through! Thankfully I already know him so the butterflies are minimized / the good kind! Or maybe I'm already too stressed about exam to worry about anything else
    :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    . . . OMG, I have a date tomorrow lunchtime and im absolutely petrified .

Anyone else get these horrid butterflies that make them visit the bathroom quite a few times, the headache that makes you unable to think?
    i know exactly what you mean! good luck!!! xxx

Ok, does white jeans, blk top and shoes sound alright?

Only agreed to this whole date thing earlier this evening, after much iffin n buttin after almost 3/4months.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, does white jeans, blk top and shoes sound alright?

Only agreed to this whole date thing earlier this evening, after much iffin n buttin after almost 3/4months.
    Do you know what you will be doing?? I'm supposed to be going on a drive...doing god knows what which is why I was freaking out about what to wear lol if that was indeed what the :confused: faces were about :p:

(Original post by eMJaaay♥)
    Do you know what you will be doing?? I'm supposed to be going on a drive...doing god knows what which is why I was freaking out about what to wear lol if that was indeed what the :confused: faces were about :p:
    LoL I was thinking what your post meant, but get what you mean now.

We're meeting up like in the centre of town (as got an appointment beforehand) and then going for coffee or a drink - that's what he said.

I haven't been on a date in almost *cough cough* 4years. . . . . :cool:

ReputationRep:
    LoL I was thinking what your post meant, but get what you mean now.

We're meeting up like in the centre of town (as got an appointment beforehand) and then going for coffee or a drink - that's what he said.

I haven't been on a date in almost *cough cough* 4years. . . . . :cool:
    Sounds alright! Just steer clear or parks / ketchup Also how are you like most of the time around him? If your always wearing jeans you might wanna glam up and if your always in skirts you might wanna play down, that sorta thing

Or if its more casual flirty then go for jeans, etc...remember to be yourself and whatever your comfortable in but obviously make an effort also but within being yourself and breathe

He has to like you to ask you out on a date so try not to worry and hopefully that bad kind of nervous butterflies can turn into the good kind of yay happy kind of butterflies

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.