England is into the world cup semi-finals and no one cares Watch

CrownCopyright
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Who’s was better rooneys last night or bronze?
(Original post by rob t)
Spoiler:
Show
That Lucy Bronze goal was fantastic! It gets better every time I rewatch it!
YasudaSayo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rob t)
Spoiler:
Show
That Lucy Bronze goal was fantastic! It gets better every time I rewatch it!
Yes!!
rob t
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CrownCopyright)
Who’s was better rooneys last night or bronze?
Tough one but I think Bronze's was better.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
Ask yourself why, when they play just as well as the men, if not better (which is what I saw today)
why? I've never even watched a whole match to even answer that. the mens football is more popular, easier to find on TV, man, they even got they're own video game (FIFA), it's promoted a lot more than women's football. the football magazines my brother used to get at a kid (match of the day of something) had only male footballers, all we're really exposed to is men's football.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Yeah, no, it wasn't. It was a decent game, but let's not get carried away.
They scored a goal in under 3 minutes. I don't need to know **** about football to know that that's good.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ask yourself why, when they play just as well as the men, if not better (which is what I saw today)
A completely subjective point from someone who admits they don't know anything about football...
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
A completely subjective point from someone who admits they don't know anything about football...
A goal scored in under 3 minutes is objectively good play.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
But why. They are genuinely good. I know absolutely **** all about football, but the way the women's team played today was genuinely so much better and more energetic than the men's team EVER did last year.
Paradoxical statement.
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
why? I've never even watched a whole match to even answer that. the mens football is more popular, easier to find on TV, man, they even got they're own video game (FIFA), it's promoted a lot more than women's football. the football magazines my brother used to get at a kid (match of the day of something) had only male footballers, all we're really exposed to is men's football.
True. And a big shame. Hopefully one day it will be equal
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A goal scored in under 3 minutes is objectively good play.
No, it isn't.
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
No, it isn't.
Better than anything the men's team did last year.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This thread is a great example of how women use their emotions first before reason and logic...
nabilahhh
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Omg true
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
This thread is a great example of how women use their emotions first before reason and logic...
You would be the same if you were not regarded as equal. Especially after such massive achievements.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You would be the same if you were not regarded as equal. Especially after such massive achievements.
Arguably, it's not that massive for them. So far they've only matched their performance at the last world cup, and performed as expected for a team ranked in the top 2 or 3 in the world.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Doubt it. I'm all for equality, but there's some things in nature, which don't allow for it. In terms of strength and physicality, majority of men are biologically superior to women. This is conveyed pretty well on a football field, in terms of performance. There's a reason why football has a category for males and a separate one for women. If they were to merge into one category, the women would be grossly disadvantaged.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think that the Womens World Cup has been very good this year and the standard has been high. I don't think aimlessly comparing male and female football gets anyone anywhere if I'm being honest.

I watch far more mens football (several times per week) but can fully appreciate women's football and have thoroughly enjoyed the World Cup, even if Scotland were knocked out in the group stages.
Dash7
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
At the end of the day, people who know more than 'absolutely ****all' about football care more about how England perform at the highest stage, because they value high-quality football.
Men's football is clearly better than women's football and England men are better than England women.
So even if England men perform worse than England women, fans care more about England men since they are representing England at a higher standard of football.
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
Doubt it. I'm all for equality, but there's some things in nature, which don't allow for it. In terms of strength and physicality, majority of men are biologically superior to women. This is conveyed pretty well on a football field, in terms of performance. There's a reason why football has a category for males and a separate one for women. If they were to merge into one category, the women would be grossly disadvantaged.
Yes, facts are facts and that is fine. What upsets me is the disregard for women's football. I don't know a single person who has been watching it. This is more due to the fact that men's football is promoted more than women's than a difference in quality/performance. And that is brutally unfair.
iBearHQ
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think in a couple years from now as the female game develops, it will in turn gain popularity
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (150)
17.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.85%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise