The Student Room Group

England is into the world cup semi-finals and no one cares

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YasudaSayo
Makes me really sad. Just because it's women's football no one cares. This time last year when the men's team got into the semi-finals everyone went mental but because it's women this time round, no one cares. I don't care if you say it's because it's less entertaining or whatever because they don't play as well as the men's team. Personally I don't think that's true. Today we scored a goal in under 3 minutes and no one cares, most people won't even be aware of it. It's just so sad to me.

Dont let them wind you up.

Obviously not as big a thing as the mens team, but people are watching.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48798721
I think especially if you're a girl/young woman that's into football, I understand it must be really frustrating.

It's just how society is unfortunately.
I've been watching it, but have to confess it is pretty poor from a technical point of view. They cannot pass well and seems Sam Allardyce is hiding amongst the backroom staff. They would probably get a hiding from a Sunday pub football team.
Biggest joke so far is saying the passing is better than the males :rofl:
Reply 64
Didn't say that - I said its more consistent and the quality passes strung together by the Scotland womens team happened more regularly than the mens team.

Yes, Barcelona mens c. 2010 passing will beat any womens team but I'm talking about a team like Scotland.
Original post by Malevolent
Biggest joke so far is saying the passing is better than the males :rofl:
Reply 65
Original post by 123543
Didn't say that - I said its more consistent and the quality passes strung together by the Scotland womens team happened more regularly than the mens team.

Yes, Barcelona mens c. 2010 passing will beat any womens team but I'm talking about a team like Scotland.

:rofl: even what people count as an ‘ale house’ team in men’s football are far more accomplished than any women’s team at passing the ball.

It’s fine for the women’s game to not be as good as the men’s technically and physically due to what the governing bodies have done over the past 70 years, pretending they are any better than they are makes the game look an embarrassment.
England cricket team is one of the best yet no one cares
It’s sad that England cricket players don’t get as much attention in home than in subcontinent
Reply 68
Original post by joe goldberg
It’s sad that England cricket players don’t get as much attention in home than in subcontinent

Historically it is an elitist sport in the UK, with very little, if any accessibility to working class people. The cost of participating and ensuring an appropriate playing field renders it further inaccessible.

If the sport was available to all on the scale of football then it would be able to increase people actually giving a ****.

The fact that there are only about 6 worthwhile teams in the world as well means that there isn’t as much to care about.

Regarding the hooligan type nonsense, a good number of young, rich, sports people are ******s, it’s just that nobody gives enough of a **** about cricket or rugby to report it.
All football is boring, no matter who's playing it :yawn:

(no 'fence)
Reply 70
Because how many working class people are going to aspire to be rugby, cricketers or dressage people :lolwut:
Let's have a male england v female england match - any takers?
sadly this is true. you never hear that "X was a promising left arm spinner who had had trials for Sussex" :emo:

Quick Reply

Latest