Self Harm failure. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've just had a really bad horrible day. Things that wouldn't usually get to my have got to me making me feel useless and a failure. Frankley i don't see the point of my existance.. I bore people with the details of how i'm feeling, i'm constantly said to be miserable at home or out with my friends and I feel like i haven't achieved anything.

As a result of this I got home at 9.00pm couldn't sit and watch the t.v, couldn't concentrate on it so i decieded screw this i'm going to bed. So here i am, in my bed and started to pinch/scratch/bit the side of my wrist without thinking to much about it. Even though i know i'll regret it in the morning when i wake up and see the marks i don't care. I just don't see the point of me living. I've tried to move forward by getting invovled with activities but these just lead to more failure and i'm pretty sure i've failed my AS levels becaue of the lack of motivation i've had/concentration.

Sorry.
DamnitJanet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ok.
First of all, I'm sorry you feel the need to self harm, I know how it feels and I've been there.
Secondly, you won't feel like this forever. If you do lapse, try not to beat yourself up about it. It happens to most people. That said, if you can, try and resist the urge. The elastic band is the age old friend of recovering self harmers and there's a whole page here dedicated to coping methods:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...ing_mechanisms

Also, if you're not seeing a doctor then it might be a good idea too. I'm no expert but from what you say it sounds like you might be depressed.

Hope this helps and that you feel better soon
xxx
Josh145
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nah, don't be sorry ... everyone has bad days. I don't know you but I'm sure you're not 'useless and a failure', so long as you've got people who care about you life is definitely worth living. Why not ring up a close friend (or bf) and ask them to cheer you up ... its what they're there for .

I failed my AS's last year and its really not worth worrying about: just retake any you screw up on and you'll do better second time round.

Why not go on one of the other threads and write a nice comment ... you'll cheer someone up and feel better for it

Smile Josh
cascadingstylez
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
PM me. From experience i can help.

I will keep it anon, promise.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DamnitJanet)
Ok.
First of all, I'm sorry you feel the need to self harm, I know how it feels and I've been there.
Secondly, you won't feel like this forever. If you do lapse, try not to beat yourself up about it. It happens to most people. That said, if you can, try and resist the urge. The elastic band is the age old friend of recovering self harmers and there's a whole page here dedicated to coping methods:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...ing_mechanisms

Also, if you're not seeing a doctor then it might be a good idea too. I'm no expert but from what you say it sounds like you might be depressed.

Hope this helps and that you feel better soon
xxx

Yer i saw a doctor few months back and was diagnosed with mild depression and i feel like its got worse since. And thanks, I'll have a loook at that link

(Original post by Josh145)
nah, don't be sorry ... everyone has bad days. I don't know you but I'm sure you're not 'useless and a failure', so long as you've got people who care about you life is definitely worth living. Why not ring up a close friend (or bf) and ask them to cheer you up ... its what they're there for .

I failed my AS's last year and its really not worth worrying about: just retake any you screw up on and you'll do better second time round.

Why not go on one of the other threads and write a nice comment ... you'll cheer someone up and feel better for it

Smile Josh

Thats one of my problems. I'm so shy and a socail outcast the friends i do have.. well i don't feel they are close friends. We never talk on the phone..the fact that i don't know how to make small talk probably stops me. Whenever i say how i'm feeling i get told to get over it and stop making a big deal out of anything so i just give up really.
lostdoll
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*hugs* Hun, self-harm isn't the answer, nor is anything else self-destructive or permanent. There are options available to you, including counselling/therapy, anti-depressants (if needs be).

I strongly suggest you find (what I call) "alternatives" to self-harm. So when you get urges to hurt yourself or feel ****ty, talk to someone, write things down, distract yourself (tv, online, games, music), do something creative, relax in a bath, whatever works for you stick with it.

Have faith in yourself, stay as positive as you can (I know that's extremely hard when you feel so low, but do try). I used to support on www.recoveryourlife.com, have been on that site for four years and it's a very supportive and positive place.

Take care
xo
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lostdoll)
*hugs* Hun, self-harm isn't the answer, nor is anything else self-destructive or permanent. There are options available to you, including counselling/therapy, anti-depressants (if needs be).

I strongly suggest you find (what I call) "alternatives" to self-harm. So when you get urges to hurt yourself or feel ****ty, talk to someone, write things down, distract yourself (tv, online, games, music), do something creative, relax in a bath, whatever works for you stick with it.

Have faith in yourself, stay as positive as you can (I know that's extremely hard when you feel so low, but do try). I used to support on www.recoveryourlife.com, have been on that site for four years and it's a very supportive and positive place.

Take care
xo
Thanks.
When i first went to the docts they put me on antidepressants which ****ed me up more to be fair. So then went on a course of councelling.. still on it now. I try to go in postive but i hate it and I come out and i feel worse than i did when i went in. I just can't tell him how I feel, i don't know why.
installedpear
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sometimes I wonder if there is something in the air at certain times.

I know obviously we've all got exams...
But for some reason last night I too felt really crap (although not to the point of self-harm)

sometimes I wonder if some balance somewhere just tips - and some people are more sensitive than others to it?
uthred50
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gaywil)
Sometimes I wonder if there is something in the air at certain times.

I know obviously we've all got exams...
But for some reason last night I too felt really crap (although not to the point of self-harm)

sometimes I wonder if some balance somewhere just tips - and some people are more sensitive than others to it?
Yehh that's an interesting concept

To the OP: I get rid of anything like that rising in me ASAP through music. It's a great cure for many negative feelings i think. Especially if you have a good dance too it too, or a good headbang (not off a wall or anything though ) if you feel like it. Don't know but i find it helps

I also might go see my grandparents because they're really nice to me and make me feel better & more wanted if i'm a lil low. Old people are great sources of inner calm i think.

I agree with a lot of the stuff already said. And i'd like to wish you a happy future

regards, uth
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1497)
79.54%
Leave (385)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed