The Student Room Group

Based on your experience, what is required by Oxford University to be admitted?

Hello everyone,

I am considering to apply to the Master of Computer Science at Oxford University.
Obviously it is really well known that it is quite hard to be admitted.
I was wondering if I have any possibility to have a positive response, otherwise I won’t even apply.

My actual situation is the following:

Italian high School degree achieved with 96/100 in Telecommunication

Now: student at the second year of a Bachelor of Computer Science in an italian university with an avarage mark of 28.5 out of 30.
(Continuing with this average mark i should graduate *** lauda).

I will really appreciate any sincere opinion!
Reply 1
Someone can help? Ahah
Reply 2
Original post by Anto98
Hello everyone,

I am considering to apply to the Master of Computer Science at Oxford University.
Obviously it is really well known that it is quite hard to be admitted.
I was wondering if I have any possibility to have a positive response, otherwise I won’t even apply.

My actual situation is the following:

Italian high School degree achieved with 96/100 in Telecommunication

Now: student at the second year of a Bachelor of Computer Science in an italian university with an avarage mark of 28.5 out of 30.
(Continuing with this average mark i should graduate *** lauda).

I will really appreciate any sincere opinion!

Firstly, there's no downside to applying. If you don't apply you definitely won't get an offer, and for postgrad courses there's no limit to the number of universities/courses you can apply to.

Have you read the info provided by Oxford?
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/msc-computer-science?wssl=1#content-tab--2
Reply 3
Original post by Doones
Firstly, there's no downside to applying. If you don't apply you definitely won't get an offer, and for postgrad courses there's no limit to the number of universities/courses you can apply to.

Have you read the info provided by Oxford?
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/msc-computer-science?wssl=1#content-tab--2

Thank you for your reply.

The main reason why I am considering to not apply at all is that if I don’t stand a chance to get in, it is not really smart to pay for the application fee.
Reply 4
Original post by Anto98
Thank you for your reply.

The main reason why I am considering to not apply at all is that if I don’t stand a chance to get in, it is not really smart to pay for the application fee.

You are on target for high marks.

How much is the application fee?

Is the course one that you really want to study?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending